Microsoft XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft XP

This was sent to me today by a friend in Somerset who copied it from the Mendip times (a local newspaper).

I am sending you this because I read an article and it appears no one knows about it, so if you are like me with that have an XP computer then you might be surprised at what I read. That's why I am passing it on to you

"Microsoft are going to stop supporting XP in April, if you continue too use windows XP after support ends your computer will still work but it might become more vulnerable to security risks and viruses. Also you can expect to find a greater number of apps and devices that do not work with windows XP".
    "If you already have Microsoft security essential installed it will continue to work, you will continue to receive anti-malware signature updates for a limited time but this does not mean that your PC will be secure because Microsoft will no longer be providing security updates to project your PC"
    It also says that you cannot update XP to windows 8

This article was in the Mendip times this month.
    Hope this is useful to you if you have XP computer.
    Hugs
    Margaret
    Sent from my iPad
    I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
    Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Don't know about the upgrade to 8 bit, but as for the rest I have a friend who works for the Evil empire an I can confirm the rest!

Comment

Originally posted by jembo View Post
      This was sent to me today by a friend in Somerset who copied it from the Mendip times (a local newspaper).

I am sending you this because I read an article and it appears no one knows about it, so if you are like me with that have an XP computer then you might be surprised at what I read. That's why I am passing it on to you

"Microsoft are going to stop supporting XP in April, if you continue too use windows XP after support ends your computer will still work but it might become more vulnerable to security risks and viruses. Also you can expect to find a greater number of apps and devices that do not work with windows XP".
      "If you already have Microsoft security essential installed it will continue to work, you will continue to receive anti-malware signature updates for a limited time but this does not mean that your PC will be secure because Microsoft will no longer be providing security updates to project your PC"
      It also says that you cannot update XP to windows 8

This article was in the Mendip times this month.
      Hope this is useful to you if you have XP computer.
      Hugs
      Margaret
      Sent from my iPad
      Yep, clocked that one....I have 7 on standby ready to load....I hear 8 is sheight.
      We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

I would suggest that you upgrade to Windows 7. It supports all modern devices and a lot of, but not all, legacy devices. It's far better than Windows 8 imho, the upgrade won't be as difficult to get used to and it has plenty of life left in it.

Comment

Don't go near 8
          I'm a Freeborn Man of the Travellin' People

Comment

Originally posted by tommie View Post
            Don't go near 8
            Go for an iPad,,like me,,ye can't go wrong,,,no virus's,,,better op system
            I'm a Freeborn Man of the Travellin' People

Comment

STAY AWAY FROM THE 8

Comment

When I log on to my email or windows on the net the screen "freeze''s and I have to do it all again. Anybody experienced that before? What causes it?
                I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
                Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

Is it possible to buy Windows 7, in PC world maybe, what's your advice please DTM?

Comment

you can buy Windows 7 online

reading through different advice, seems that it cheapest from German sites and then change language once installed ?

Comment

Originally posted by Aulddub View Post
                      Is it possible to buy Windows 7, in PC world maybe, what's your advice please DTM?
                      Have a look in here for best prices
                      We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

Originally posted by Hagar View Post
                        I would suggest that you upgrade to Windows 7. It supports all modern devices and a lot of, but not all, legacy devices. It's far better than Windows 8 imho, the upgrade won't be as difficult to get used to and it has plenty of life left in it.
                        Hagar; I agree.I bought a new Dell Pavillion 23 before Christmas,and It was so different from what I was used to,I am only beginning to get ehe hang of it now.I would much rather have W7.

Comment

I have eight.....but after the initial shock...it's quiet easy to use when you get used to it
                          The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

We have windows 7 on laptop & the new pc here. In work we're using Windows 7 now. I told my mam to upgrade her PC lol
                            UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Stick with 7 if you are any way old skool! Used a friends laptop for a bit which had 8 on it, I nearly took a hammer to it!

Comment

Working...
                              X