pregnant and smoking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pregnant and smoking

I passed The Coombe Hospital at 7 o,clock this morning and in the freezing fog there was a small group of heavily pregnant women in pyjamas huddled outside the gate and smoking, it looked all wrong.

Originally posted by Astor View Post
    I passed The Coombe Hospital at 7 o,clock this morning and in the freezing fog there was a small group of heavily pregnant women in pyjamas huddled outside the gate and smoking, it looked all wrong.
    yes, the fumes from the vehicles driving by.......are lethal.....
    Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

I quit a bit more than 5 years ago and now find the smell of smokers to be disgusting.

Surely we've been educated enough for women to know the damage they are doing to their unborn babies by taking toxic chemicals into their bodies.
      'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

Originally posted by Rashers View Post
        I quit a bit more than 5 years ago and now find the smell of smokers to be disgusting.

Surely we've been educated enough for women to know the damage they are doing to their unborn babies by taking toxic chemicals into their bodies.

well, they have no choice with all the vehicles driving around......and very likely to keep on increasing.......

Comment

I smoked on all my pregnancies, but back in the day you could actually smoke in your bed in the hospital..and a cart went thro the hospital selling smokes...I still smoke despite long times (13 years in one instance) off them..we were not educated as to the hazards of even 2nd hand smoke...and my drs office had a picture saying "all good drs smoke Malboro"

What do i think of what you saw this morning?? well considering the education people get every about the issues with smoking and how it can affect an unborn child...i dont think id be happy......id feel sad that these girls cannot control their addictions until the baby is born....cos tobacco usage is an addiction......If i was having a baby now no way would i impose smoke on it cos i know now the effects it can have.... it all boils down to a matter of choice eh..

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
            I smoked on all my pregnancies, but back in the day you could actually smoke in your bed in the hospital..and a cart went thro the hospital selling smokes...I still smoke despite long times (13 years in one instance) off them..we were not educated as to the hazards of even 2nd hand smoke...and my drs office had a picture saying "all good drs smoke Malboro"

What do i think of what you saw this morning?? well considering the education people get every about the issues with smoking and how it can affect an unborn child...i dont think id be happy......id feel sad that these girls cannot control their addictions until the baby is born....cos tobacco usage is an addiction......If i was having a baby now no way would i impose smoke on it cos i know now the effects it can have.... it all boils down to a matter of choice eh..
            what about vehicle exhaust fumes where you have no choice.......are they ok because of that.....

Comment

I have heard so many people ( smokers) say what about exhaust fumes, it's apples and oranges, they don't have a say about exhaust fumes, but they do have a say in their babies health!

Comment

Originally posted by maire View Post
                I have heard so many people ( smokers) say what about exhaust fumes, it's apples and oranges, they don't have a say about exhaust fumes, but they do have a say in their babies health!

yes maire......and they have made a choice.......

most children between three and fourteen who die.......are killed in automobile accidents.....

it is a world of risks...........

maybe parents sitting with kids inside fast food places should be commented on.....

Comment

Hope i didnt sound judgemental about those young women i saw, what bothers me is that they were forced to move out of the hospital grounds to indulge their craving, i think we are taking this whole nanny state thing too far. If they insist on smoking i dont see why they cant do it in a private area where other people wont get the smoke. I am in my 60,s and when i was a teenager the advertisements for cigarettes we saw told us that smoking was good for you and it looked cool, young people nowadays are well aware of the dangers of smoking and the damage it can do to an unborn child. Motor vehicles are dangerous but because they are used so much i dont think there is any appetite for a ban on them, they are much safer and cleaner than they used to be and the laws on emissions are getting stricter all the time. It,s fairly rare now to see a bus or hgv belching out black smoke the way you used to see it all the time.

Comment

Hope i didnt sound judgemental about those young women i saw, what bothers me is that they were forced to move out of the hospital grounds to indulge their craving, i think we are taking this whole nanny state thing too far. If they insist on smoking i dont see why they cant do it in a private area where other people wont get the smoke. I am in my 60,s and when i was a teenager the advertisements for cigarettes we saw told us that smoking was good for you and it looked cool, young people nowadays are well aware of the dangers of smoking and the damage it can do to an unborn child. Motor vehicles are dangerous but because they are used so much i dont think there is any appetite for a ban on them, they are much safer and cleaner than they used to be and the laws on emissions are getting stricter all the time. It,s fairly rare now to see a bus or hgv belching out black smoke the way you used to see it all the time.
                    Astor....wouldn't it be great if we knew the cause of all our health ailments....

and maybe just as important.....why some seem to be affected by certain things, and others are not.....

I believe that stress is the cause of so many modern ailments that it should take top priority in any ''nanny state'' actions........

Comment

Nanny State......?

What's this......???????

Comment

Quinner I think the smoke has affected you on this issue..very strange comments, I think you are having us on, or are you saying smoking is good for us.?
                        today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by silver spoon View Post
                          Quinner I think the smoke has affected you on this issue..very strange comments, I think you are having us on, or are you saying smoking is good for us.?

lol.......where have I mentioned anything remotely like that......

the choice to smoke......or take kids on a car journey.......to me offers the same risks......though the car journeys terminate life at an early age.......

Comment

A lot of pregnant women will not even take over-the-counter remedies.... but don't seem to mind taking cigarette smoke with its 1000+ chemicals into their bodies.

Odd that.
                            'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

Originally posted by Rashers View Post
                              A lot of pregnant women will not even take over-the-counter remedies.... but don't seem to mind taking cigarette smoke with its 1000+ chemicals into their bodies.

Odd that.

rashers......they even go up in aeroplanes........

Comment

Working...
                              X