Diabetes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diabetes

I finally got the all clear from the nurse after 10 months being treated for a bad diabetic ulcer on the back of my ankle,that at one time left my Achilles tendon exposed.The wound has finally closed,but is far from being better.It is still very tender and vunerable to reinjury.I will be having just one visit from the nurse per week,to keep a watch on my progress.I will have now have to buy some diabetic shoes.I am so grateful to the St Elizabeth nurses who gave me such wonderful care,and our great medical system,that covered all the expenses.I am so fortunate to have had such wonderful people on my side.To those of you who are diabetic,please take care of yourselves.It is a silent killer,and so many people are diabetic,and are not aware of it.We are being silently contaminated daily with all the sugary crap that is piled into what we eat.Ed.

Originally posted by Ed O'Gorman View Post
    I finally got the all clear from the nurse after 10 months being treated for a bad diabetic ulcer on the back of my ankle,that at one time left my Achilles tendon exposed.The wound has finally closed,but is far from being better.It is still very tender and vunerable to reinjury.I will be having just one visit from the nurse per week,to keep a watch on my progress.I will have now have to buy some diabetic shoes.I am so grateful to the St Elizabeth nurses who gave me such wonderful care,and our great medical system,that covered all the expenses.I am so fortunate to have had such wonderful people on my side.To those of you who are diabetic,please take care of yourselves.It is a silent killer,and so many people are diabetic,and are not aware of it.We are being silently contaminated daily with all the sugary crap that is piled into what we eat.Ed.
    Congratulations Ed , may you have good health in the future .

Comment

Great news Ed...
      It is what it is.

Comment

That's fantastic news.
        I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
        Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

Great news Ed. I'm type 2 myself.
          'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

Thanks a lot guys.I appreciate it.I just hope that a little scare might encourage
            others to pay attension to their diabetes,as it can lead to amputations and death.

Comment

Brilliant news Ed, so worrying to have these sores that won't heal, when you are diabetic, take care of yourself and best of luck with the healing process!

Comment

Great news Ed,,,take care,,cause we do care,,
                I'm a Freeborn Man of the Travellin' People

Comment

Yayyyy Ed great news...

follow the instructions on diabetes as you say its a silent killer....

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
                    Yayyyy Ed great news...

follow the instructions on diabetes as you say its a silent killer....
                    And now,if the wife would only get offa me back.lol

Comment

Good news Ed, glad to hear it.

A good saddle could make all the difference.

Comment

There's an old law that says you can use a stick as long as its not thicker than your thumb.
                        'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

Originally posted by Rashers View Post
                          There's an old law that says you can use a stick as long as its not thicker than your thumb.
                          Rashers; Would that be to bate the lovely lady? lol

Comment

Rashers; Would that be to bate the lovely lady? lol
                            That reminds me of the old saying....spare the rod and spoil the.......
                            I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
                            Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

[QUOTE=Ed O'Gorman;305612]And now,if the wife would only get offa me back.lol[/QUOT

Now thats never going to happen ed...you should be used to it by now though heheh

Comment

Working...
                              X