Family research

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family research

I am looking into my family history and cant find my gran aunt on the census, i have her birth cert, dated 2/12/1882. she was born in st annes in milltown, She died in the early 70,s, any help would be great, thanks

Originally posted by spongebob View Post
    I am looking into my family history and cant find my gran aunt on the census, i have her birth cert, dated 2/12/1882. she was born in st annes in milltown, She died in the early 70,s, any help would be great, thanks
    What was her birth name, and if she married do you know to whom and when?
    Gatsby

Caesar et erat forti, Brutus et sum iam, Caesar sic in omnibus, Brutus sic intram.

Comment

hi spongebob, what was her name. also she might not have been in the country at the time of the census

Comment

She never went out of ireland in her entire life, and she never married, i have her name etc, just drawn a blank?

Comment

She never went out of ireland in her entire life, and she never married, i have her name etc, just drawn a blank?
          Well, no one can help you Spongebob, unless you give us her name.
          Gatsby

Caesar et erat forti, Brutus et sum iam, Caesar sic in omnibus, Brutus sic intram.

Comment

are you not physic gatsby ? lol i am looking at my crystal ball this minute trying to get next weeks lotto numbers

Comment

Originally posted by jeangenie View Post
              are you not physic gatsby ? lol i am looking at my crystal ball this minute trying to get next weeks lotto numbers
              Spongebob gives her DOB but not her name?????????

Where did you buy your crystal ball; mine is clouded up ever since the snow a few weeks ago?
              Gatsby

Comment

i got mine in hogwarts castle of dumbledore

Comment

Originally posted by jeangenie View Post
                  i got mine in hogwarts castle of dumbledore
                  You see?
                  If my crystal ball was working I would have known that. Defiinitely need a new one.
                  Gatsby

Comment

I have pmd you, thanks again

Comment

Any Census records prior to 1911 were destroyed by fire. If you check her name & DOB against the 1911/21 Census giving the place or area she lived in, might produce results
                      Last edited by Diddler; 27-07-2011, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Just for the record there are no civil census records for Ireland prior to 1901 Once the census were completed the final numbers were returned to London during the 1800s and the actual papers were pulped to recycle the paper. Further records were lost when the Customs House was damaged by Fire.

The Irish 1901 and 1911 census returns (with a few omissions) are available on-line

Due to the political era at the end of WW1, and during the Civil War and War of Indepence the next census was taken in 1926 and as of now will not be available to search until 2026 due to the 100 year rule of release - there was an exemption made for the 1911 census as there are so few Irish records available.

Again spongebob we may be able to help more with a name if you stll need help

Comment

Working...
                        X