warfarin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• warfarin

I have been on warfarin for the last 2 years and going to the blood clinic in beaumont hospital 'taking a number a sitting there with the rest looking like zombies for 1/2 hours .My blood count (inr) was all over the place and this meant that i had to go more often to have blood taken in beaumont hos;
    .A friend told me to try 2 spoonfuls of manuka +10 honey in hot water every morning 'i have been doing this for the last year or so and it.s amazing now my blood inr has stabilised and my hospital visits is now every 2 months or more .I am not one for quack medicine but i believe this honey every morning in warm water is working.Anyone with same problem should give it a try 'it has other benefits also it relieves aching joints i.e. arthritis which is the reason i took it for in the first place

Honey Honey

Originally posted by antmel View Post
    I have been on warfarin for the last 2 years and going to the blood clinic in beaumont hospital 'taking a number a sitting there with the rest looking like zombies for 1/2 hours .My blood count (inr) was all over the place and this meant that i had to go more often to have blood taken in beaumont hos;
    .A friend told me to try 2 spoonfuls of manuka +10 honey in hot water every morning 'i have been doing this for the last year or so and it.s amazing now my blood inr has stabilised and my hospital visits is now every 2 months or more .I am not one for quack medicine but i believe this honey every morning in warm water is working.Anyone with same problem should give it a try 'it has other benefits also it relieves aching joints i.e. arthritis which is the reason i took it for in the first place

Well good for you , those pharmaceutical companies don't want you [us] to be aware of the natural remedies .

Comment

What do you mean by "manuka +10 honey"? Isn't manuka honey from Australia and New Zealand? You mean 2 spoonsful of Australian honey and 10 of Irish honey?

Comment

I say anything that works can't be bad, best of luck tony

Comment

Originally posted by Korky View Post
          What do you mean by "manuka +10 honey"? Isn't manuka honey from Australia and New Zealand? You mean 2 spoonsful of Australian honey and 10 of Irish honey?
          manuka honey has different strengths +7 +10 +15 and maybe more not sure 'the small jar of +10 manuka honey is about €4.50 in lidl it lasts about 2 weeks 'as i said i found it very good 'i am now walking every morning something i could not do before i started taking this honey every morning' and that's the only thing different i am doing ' so touch wood it 's doing me a lot of good 'it's worth a try it can't do you any harm

ANTO

Comment

manuka honey has different strengths +7 +10 +15 and maybe more not sure 'the small jar of +10 manuka honey is about €4.50 in lidl it lasts about 2 weeks 'as i said i found it very good 'i am now walking every morning something i could not do before i started taking this honey every morning' and that's the only thing different i am doing ' so touch wood it 's doing me a lot of good 'it's worth a try it can't do you any harm.
            How do you take this Australian honey; in tea, on crackers? Will Irish honey work as well?

Comment

manuka

Originally posted by Korky View Post
              How do you take this Australian honey; in tea, on crackers? Will Irish honey work as well?
              manuka honey is much better and healthier than normal honey .I just roughly one third fill a small glass with hot water and put two heaped teaspoons full into it and drink it 'as i said i am finding the benefits amazing'and believe me i am an ultra sceptic

As i said give it a try it wont harm you and it wont cost a lot

ANTO

Comment

we took it a while ago anto...i cant honestly remember why we took it..but we made a drink of it with cinnamon and i remember whatever we took it for we were happy with it..

ive been on and off warfarin over the years and its a nasty fecking drug i hate it...and your diet can sent it off on a run by itself.. despite being as good as gold on it...my inr testing was all over the place....besides which i looked like willie was beating the crap out of me daily lol....i was glad to eventually move off it...on to a low dose of plavix and then nothing lol. getting to be 38 friggin sucks

Comment

Wait until you hit 39 Helen lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
                    we took it a while ago anto...i cant honestly remember why we took it..but we made a drink of it with cinnamon and i remember whatever we took it for we were happy with it..

ive been on and off warfarin over the years and its a nasty fecking drug i hate it...and your diet can sent it off on a run by itself.. despite being as good as gold on it...my inr testing was all over the place....besides which i looked like willie was beating the crap out of me daily lol....i was glad to eventually move off it...on to a low dose of plavix and then nothing lol. getting to be 38 friggin sucks
                    Helen my cardiologist said I should just take an 81mg of aspirin a day, instead of the shite they put me on, but I just had a few episodes of atrial fibrillation , and have no other heart issues, it's just generally a preventative measure against stroke, which my chances of having are 3% with my health issues, not bad odds IMHO

Comment

hehe joan.......its a long long way away .....niamh said to me the other day.......both our birthdays are coming up...what do you want to do for yours......and before i could open my mouth she goes oh oh......old people dont have parties right?

Comment

Working...
                      X