Coca Cola and Dublin Bus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coca Cola and Dublin Bus

With AX 601 and AX 647 on the streets in an All-Over Ad (or the current equivalent) for Coca Cola, I thought I would put together a collection of buses in Dublin advertising Coca Cola over the years.

AX 647 O'Connell Bridge, 09/07/14:
    AX 647 O'Connell Bridge 09/07/14 by Csalem's Lot, on Flickr

RH 45, Hawkins Street, 01/04/1995:
    Scan RH 45 by Csalem's Lot, on Flickr

KD 345 on O'Connell Street, 01/09/1990:
    Scan KD 345 by Csalem's Lot, on Flickr

D 529 on O'Connell Street, 15/07/1982:
    Scan D 529 by Csalem's Lot, on Flickr

Some more pictures here:

Terrific pics Csalem, the bus company must make a fortune on these ads, keep up the great work, amazing hou the buses have changed over time!

Comment

Thanks. And one thing to note is that the ad on the top picture is a vinyl cover while the bottom two were painted on by hand.

Comment

I remember reading somewhere that it used to cost a fortune to have the buses repainted even after a minor traffic accident.

Comment

Originally posted by Csalem View Post
          Thanks. And one thing to note is that the ad on the top picture is a vinyl cover while the bottom two were painted on by hand.
          one of the chaps that painted the buses still works away today , one retired a number of years ago , and one of their work mates only retired with-in the last month after 49 years service ( my bil ) , thought last month it was sad they would'nt let him go another few months to make 50 years , his dad had 33 years service and adding the rest of his family and mine as were related the total comes to over 500 years service to C.I.E

Comment

Brilliant pics Csalem - keep up the good work

Originally posted by Csalem View Post
            With AX 601 and AX 647 on the streets in an All-Over Ad (or the current equivalent) for Coca Cola, I thought I would put together a collection of buses in Dublin advertising Coca Cola over the years.

AX 647 O'Connell Bridge, 09/07/14:
            AX 647 O'Connell Bridge 09/07/14 by Csalem's Lot, on Flickr

RH 45, Hawkins Street, 01/04/1995:
            Scan RH 45 by Csalem's Lot, on Flickr

KD 345 on O'Connell Street, 01/09/1990:
            Scan KD 345 by Csalem's Lot, on Flickr

D 529 on O'Connell Street, 15/07/1982:
            Scan D 529 by Csalem's Lot, on Flickr

Some more pictures here:
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/605019...57645184751658
            UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Great pictures!! The one from 1982 looks so ancient!! It was just yesterday! Wasn't it?

Comment

I don't know as it was a year before I was born

But it was 32 years old ten days ago. The bus was withdrawn in 1991 and the route was replaced in 2011. A lot has happened in those 32 years.

Comment

Three buses have recently received an AOA for Coca Cola. I have so far managed to find two: AV 415 (Ringsend) and AX 587 (Phibsborough).

AV 415 Custom House Quay 06/06/15 by Cathal O'Brien, on Flickr

AX 587 Aston Quay 05/06/15 by Cathal O'Brien, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                    X