Transport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transport

Lets post pictures or drawings of some Irish modes of transport, official and civilian through the ages.

I'll begin with the latest two types of Garda cars, starting with the new Traffic Corps car.
    Attached Files
    'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

....and the newest patrol car with it's 2010 reg.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Rashers View Post
      all you need now is the right bods to

drive them, and do their job.
      today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Comment

My first m/cycle a Honda 50. And my first car an Anglia.
        Attached Files

Comment

What make of car is that Jim, I don't recognise it?
          Such is life - Ned Kelly

Comment

Originally posted by boxman View Post
            What make of car is that Jim, I don't recognise it?
            I'm told it's a Ford Mondeo (by nephew a garda) but it doesn't look like one to me.

Comment

Dublin Trams

Hello - Hope I'm posting this in the right board - my great grandfather was a 'linesman' for Dublin United Tramways Co between 1911-1930's..can anyone tell me what a linesman was?

Comment

Originally posted by ladyb View Post
                Hello - Hope I'm posting this in the right board - my great grandfather was a 'linesman' for Dublin United Tramways Co between 1911-1930's..can anyone tell me what a linesman was?
                welcome ladyb

I think a linesman worked on the overhead power cables (lines) for trams or trains

Comment

Linesman

Thanks, that sounds about right...I've ordered a book called 'Through streets broad and narrow' about Dublin trams for my Dad to give him an insight.

Comment

Originally posted by ladyb View Post
                    Thanks, that sounds about right...I've ordered a book called 'Through streets broad and narrow' about Dublin trams for my Dad to give him an insight.
                    I have a movie that was made in 1958 of the Sutton - Howth tram. It's called "Once Upon A Tram". It was filmed on and from the top deck of the tram and as well as showing how the conductor/driver does his job it shows the scenery each side of the tram journey.

If you can think of a way I can get a 160mb file to you I'm sure your dad would enjoy it.

Comment

I have a movie that was made in 1958 of the Sutton - Howth tram. It's called "Once Upon A Tram". It was filmed on and from the top deck of the tram and as well as showing how the conductor/driver does his job it shows the scenery each side of the tram journey.

If you can think of a way I can get a 160mb file to you I'm sure your dad would enjoy it.
                      can ya zip it Rashers?? me auld man would love that as well --he worked on the railways when he was 20 --

Comment

Originally posted by spudseamus View Post
                        can ya zip it Rashers?? me auld man would love that as well --he worked on the railways when he was 20 --
                        I did that ss but it only zips down to 157megs. So if anyone knows of a free file storage site that will take that size I'll be happy to upload it.

Comment

Sutton-Howth Tram

That would be utterly fantastic - especially as he left Dublin in 1958! I am sure he would love it. I'm still trying to track down his grandfather - I have just received the death certificate for his wife (1929) and by then he became a tram driver...I think he died in the 1930's but there are so many James Nolan's out there...it is finding the right one!
                          Maybe I could send you a blank dvd?

Comment

it can be put on a dvd with divx perhaps ?

Comment

I did that ss but it only zips down to 157megs. So if anyone knows of a free file storage site that will take that size I'll be happy to upload it.
                              ill ask the son Rashers hes in IT !! thanks for the reply

Comment

Working...
                              X