Depression...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Depression...?

What makes people feel depressed.......?
    Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Sometimes it is a simple thing quinner,the weather for instance and you would be surprised how many people are like that.
    The biggest problem is not talking about it as there was/is some stigma that is attached to these illnesses.I knew a person who suffered all her life from depression and I don't think she ever had a completely happy day until she got alsheimers and couldn't tell the difference.I watched this woman for yrs either sick or getting sick and it was mostly in her head god love her.We of course at the time didn't realize it and often just pooh poohed her but later on after her death we realized it was depression that was never diagnosed as they just didn't do that sort of thing.
    I loved her dearly.....my mother-in-law.

Comment

When I was growing up it was termed as 'suffering from nerves'...
      Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Originally posted by cogito View Post
        When I was growing up it was termed as 'suffering from nerves'...
        I have heard people being described as such ....do you know what the suicide rate was then...?

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post
          I have heard people being described as such ....do you know what the suicide rate was then...?
          I've no idea... and I don't think many others did either. Coroners were very reluctant to attribute suicide as a cause of death... Ireland must have had one of the lowest suicide rates in the world.
          Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Originally posted by cogito View Post
            I've no idea... and I don't think many others did either. Coroners were very reluctant to attribute suicide as a cause of death... Ireland must have had one of the lowest suicide rates in the world.
            cogs, I can understand that as the shame and the mortal sin would not be a thing to talk about......

Unlike, I believe as happens these day...Children were not allowed to hear adult conversations.......

Plus the insurance companies were reluctant to pay out if death was by suicide.....
            Last edited by cogito; 06-09-2014, 06:50 AM. Reason: brackets

Comment

its a chemical imbalance in the brain Quinner.......it can be sorted out somewhat by meds...unfortunately many of these meds have "suicidal thoughts" listed as a side effect....psychotic incidents are high on the list of side effects too....look up Zoloft one of the most popular drugs prescribed ...

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
                its a chemical imbalance in the brain Quinner.......it can be sorted out somewhat by meds...unfortunately many of these meds have "suicidal thoughts" listed as a side effect....psychotic incidents are high on the list of side effects too....look up Zoloft one of the most popular drugs prescribed ...
                I have heard that mentioned before.......

If it affects so many people...why is there no public information, or major efforts to find a cure.....

Since I stopped working I have watched daytime telly but have heard about numerous ailments But little about that subject.....

Comment

they have lots of meds to control it....but the meds cause immense problems in a lota instances.....you might remember my last two years of hell with my daughter melanie.....who was prescribed zoloft cos she was depressed...her depression was caused by all my health issues particularly the cardiac arrest...

what a two years......very very terrifying..but those meds are scary deadly at times.....and they take months to work out of your system..... depression its self irrespective the cause has no permanent cure....it can always come back...if your lucky enough to get spaces between it..

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
                    they have lots of meds to control it....but the meds cause immense problems in a lota instances.....you might remember my last two years of hell with my daughter melanie.....who was prescribed zoloft cos she was depressed...her depression was caused by all my health issues particularly the cardiac arrest...

what a two years......very very terrifying..but those meds are scary deadly at times.....and they take months to work out of your system..... depression its self irrespective the cause has no permanent cure....it can always come back...if your lucky enough to get spaces between it..
                    I have very little experience of Medications except in the last few years.....though I don't seem to have side affects......Maybe I haven't noticed...

I have always been anti meds etc.......anyway....

Comment

I was at the "prevention of suicide" march today in the city centre.....I spoke with a couple of teenage girls and what they told me of their experiences shocked me....so so sad...
                      It is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Pammy View Post
                        I was at the "prevention of suicide" march today in the city centre.....I spoke with a couple of teenage girls and what they told me of their experiences shocked me....so so sad...
                        It is sad that so few attended that march.....

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post
                          It is sad that so few attended that march.....
                          Yep there was only about fifty today....other days there was more......people just don't care...
                          It is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Pammy View Post
                            Yep there was only about fifty today....other days there was more......people just don't care...
                            True Pammy......young people do not have heart-to-hearts like the old days...imo...

Comment

My neighbors daughter from across the street tried to commit suicide on thursday night....shes 23....a single mother with an autistic child whos 3...her apt went on fire couple of weeks ago caused by a downstairs neighbor.......and shes due to have surgery hoping to remove some cancerous tumors.....the hospital let her home yesterday afternoon with an appointment to see a shrink next week.....bad decision on their part i think.

Comment

Working...
                              X