Down under...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Down under...

I lived in a small village in rural Cambridgeshire...I shocked at how many villagers were deported to Australia, and for such petty crimes.....

A mainly agricultural area except for a few Corprolite (Dinosaur Shit) Diggings..
    I came to the conclusion that it was a deliberate policy to keep the population down......
    Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

joe,

we irish sometimes tend to think that we were the only people to suffer under cruel laws thrust upon us by 'the english' , but it was the same for the English ,scots, and welsh [not on the same scale of course]. I did see a program a while ago about the Cornish miners , whole families were sent down under for trying to get a living wage and forming an early type of union.
    in god i trust...everyone else cash only.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmo View Post
      joe,

we irish sometimes tend to think that we were the only people to suffer under cruel laws thrust upon us by 'the english' , but it was the same for the English ,scots, and welsh [not on the same scale of course]. I did see a program a while ago about the Cornish miners , whole families were sent down under for trying to get a living wage and forming an early type of union.
      yes, cosmo.....During the middle of the 19th Century.......The vast Majority of common land in England was fenced in and claimed by the Lords etc.....And for no other reason than...''they could do it''......

that caused much hardship and massive emigration from Somerset and elsewhere in England.......

Being a ''Right Bastard'' in those days, meant you didn't care who you were a ''Bastard'' to.....
      Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Working...
      X