Fiat Ballyfermot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiat Ballyfermot

Anybody on this site ever worked at the Fiat stores on Kylemore road Ballyfermot, where we used to go to the "Glue Pot" for lunch and forget to go back, ah, those were were the days

My next door neighbour did. Not sure where he went for lunch lol

Comment

Glue Pot

Sorry bit late with this , the pub was called The Cottage Inn, was back in Dublin in 2007 and 2009 and had a few pints there with some old mates,
      Ah, those were the days

Comment

I worked in Fiat assembly plant until 1973, that was before the gluepot lunchtime visits became the norm. I went to the gluepot for lunch one day around 1980 and was met with a big group of my old mates from Fiat. Though it was lunchtime, there was nothing but pints and small ones on the tables. Not a sandwich in site.
        I got talking to a few and learned, this was a regular event. They would work the morning, go to the gluepot at lunchtime, and not bother going back in the afternoon.
        If I remember correctly, it was around the time Fiat were winding down assembly in Ireland, and they and the workers were only marking time before assembly ceased altogether and the redundancy were paid out.

You may remember my late dad, Tom Nolan, who drove the parts van at the time.
        Old age and treachery will outdo youth and skill anyday

Comment

Working...
        X