Film Photography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Film Photography

Are many of you here taking photographs on a regular basis?
    Do you still shoot film are have you been totally converted to digital?

I personally prefer film by a long shot, in fact I rarely use digital, even my phone is often replaced by my Olympus Trip 35 point and shoot camera. You just can't beat the texture and magic of film.

for me cost wise I am totally converted to digital
    but you never can tell, I would love to be able to afford the experience of film

Comment

Film can work out at some expense, depending on what you shoot but it's mostly developing costs. I develop a lot of my own black & white film.

Some of those cheap 'sell everything' shops that are springing up around the place are selling 35mm colour film for €1.49 for a 24 exposure roll.

Comment

It depends

Ive shot both. Developed my own B+W prints; shot digital since it was invented.

There used to be a noticeable difference, but it really depends now on how good your gear is, and your digital "developing".

Theres a wide range to experiences you can produce with film, film types, out of date rolls that produce unexpected results, etc. Thats an end to end experience that cant be matched with digital, but modern gear can produce images that are just as good. So it depends. As much on just how digital you go, (cost, quality), and how much you enjoy the hands on film process.

Comment

Much as I like to have a nice print in my hand, it is very expensive. Also for the unrepeatable shots digital is great. I met with some cousins I hadn't seen for over 26 years a couple of weeks ago and it was great to let the digital rattle off 30 shots at a time knowing that at least one would be usable. I always used to bracket my shots but now I can be very creative and take chances that I couldn't take before.That would be prohibitively expensive using 35mm film.

Comment

It's getting harder and harder to find a place that will process film.

Comment

As willieb says it really depends on your digital gear and post processing.
              Such is life - Ned Kelly

Comment

Working...
              X