Parosmia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parosmia

Has anyone ever heard of or had Parosmia or Phantosmia?
    It is what it is.

Something to do with being unable to smell. (I think)
    I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
    Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

Originally posted by jembo View Post
      Something to do with being unable to smell. (I think)
      Hi Jembo.....yea it is...well actually its a smell disorder....but just wondering has anyone here ever had it.....
      It is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Pammy View Post
        Hi Jembo.....yea it is...well actually its a smell disorder....but just wondering has anyone here ever had it.....
        My wife must have it, she thinks my farts smell, but they don't.
        Such is life - Ned Kelly

Comment

My sister in law has it,,,,,reason they have not got Gas in their house
          I'm a Freeborn Man of the Travellin' People

Comment

Originally posted by tommie View Post
            My sister in law has it,,,,,reason they have not got Gas in their house
            so that was what my poor aul ma had back in the fifties....when they cut the gas off....a few times!!!
            in god i trust...everyone else cash only.

Comment

Originally posted by boxman View Post
              My wife must have it, she thinks my farts smell, but they don't.

I have a great sense of humour ..... But I asked a serious question.......if people have nothing concrete to say on this subject then please do not say anything at all!!
              It is what it is.

Comment

o.k pam,

whats it all about....never heard of it before.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmo View Post
                  o.k pam,

whats it all about....never heard of it before.
                  Its a smell/taste disorder and quite distressing...
                  It is what it is.

Comment

Its a smell/taste disorder and quite distressing...
                    pam,
                    could be an upsetting disorder or worse still, dangerous..i.e the gas danger. I have heard over the years the sayin 'he/she has no smellers' but never took it as something 'real'.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmo View Post
                      pam,
                      could be an upsetting disorder or worse still, dangerous..i.e the gas danger. I have heard over the years the sayin 'he/she has no smellers' but never took it as something 'real'.
                      Hi Cos....... nor me.....Gosh we take so much for granted........that in itself can be very dangerous........this disorder can be a warning sign of something more sinister....it can also be present with sinus problems......where the person gete a very distorted sense of smell.....one smell very commom is the constant smell of smoke.....another is decaying flesh........
                      It is what it is.

Comment

Hi Cos....... nor me.....Gosh we take so much for granted........that in itself can be very dangerous........this disorder can be a warning sign of something more sinister....it can also be present with sinus problems......where the person gete a very distorted sense of smell.....one smell very commom is the constant smell of smoke.....another is decaying flesh........
                        Smells of garbage and rotting flesh are common. Appparently the the disorder is linked to Parkinsons Disease and epilepsy.

Comment

Smells of garbage and rotting flesh are common. Appparently the the disorder is linked to Parkinsons Disease and epilepsy.
                          Well yes loosely it is......it can be a warning sign of an impending epileptic attack.....
                          It is what it is.

Comment

Well yes loosely it is......it can be a warning sign of an impending epileptic attack.....
                            I was with my Doctor this morning and asked him about it and that's all he could tell me as we were running out of my allotted time.

Comment

I was with my Doctor this morning and asked him about it and that's all he could tell me as we were running out of my allotted time.
                              Yes Jembo.....most doctors have never heard of it.....they just never learned about it in college!!!!
                              It is what it is.

Comment

Working...
                              X