When you're long dead and gone...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you're long dead and gone...

...will your emails, texts, Facebook, tweeting, forum activity be a source for future generations in the way that old letters, diaries, notebooks now are for the living checking on the past ??
    Everything is self-evident.

I very much doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed O'Gorman View Post
      I very much doubt it.
      That they'll be able to Ed...or that they'll be bothered ?

Existing and future generations are going to be leaving very few paper trails - do you not think that future genealogists or curious family members will be trawling through electronic data and media for information about their ancestors ?

Comment

I doubt it cogs...they'll have invented a whole new way of communication soon and you can bet this as we use it now will be obsolete but im sure some of our stuff will still exist....somewhere

Comment

Interesting question and one that some clever people are making money from. There are companies out there offering cloud storage guaranteed forever. Not sure how you check if they follow through though.
          Such is life - Ned Kelly

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
            I doubt it cogs...they'll have invented a whole new way of communication soon and you can bet this as we use it now will be obsolete but im sure some of our stuff will still exist....somewhere
            Typewriters are obsolete... that doesn't prevent us from reading typed pages.

Comment

Originally posted by boxman View Post
              Interesting question and one that some clever people are making money from. There are companies out there offering cloud storage guaranteed forever. Not sure how you check if they follow through though.
              History to suit the readers...?
              Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

I suppose if you make sure they're paid forever they'll store it forever...

Comment

If the world population keeps increasing as it is now......people wont be worried where they came from......they will be too concerned about where they are going.....

Comment

It will be interesting for future historian to read all our likes, lols and roflmaos. Might have livened up Pepys a bit
                    Such is life - Ned Kelly

Comment

I suppose everybody will have their own copy of the worlds census returns for the past few hundred years.........

Comment

It will be interesting for future historian to read all our likes, lols and roflmaos. Might have livened up Pepys a bit
                        True enough '..... great, great, great granduncle Horace was a pioneering internet troll back in the early 21st century...'

Comment

will that mean tales about moderators will be just to scare the future kids to stay in their holograms at night.
                          in god i trust...everyone else cash only.

Comment

Will God take advantage of the Sin Bin on judgement day......

Comment

Cursory check of Facebook policy in this area reveals...

When you create an account the data (text/images) is there... forever.

If you de-activate that account the data will still remain.... forever.

If you delete the account the data will typically disappear within 90 days.

In the scenario that you kicked the bucket in the morning - and no one knew your account details - then I suppose your account with its contents will simply sit there indefinitely.

Comment

Working...
                              X