Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• winter olympics

Canada is really turning it on with brilliant coverage.I missed the opening

ceremony,I was told it was nothing short of amazing.

Been watching the downhill among other sports, so exciting.Australia's

Dale beggs Smith, who up to recent times was Canadian,had a great performance beaten by a better performance, and Canada is going wild.

Love these sports.
    today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Vancouver 2010.

I should have said Vancouver who are the hosts.

for now.

Comment

We are cheering for Kirsty McGarry.....daughter of Ian and Jane McGarry, my own daughter Kirsten spent summers in France with her and her family

Comment

Originally posted by Womblemum View Post
        We are cheering for Kirsty McGarry.....daughter of Ian and Jane McGarry, my own daughter Kirsten spent summers in France with her and her family
        what event,womble ? your avatar looks like a burka,

or are you being coy ?

Comment

canada are 2 to 1 up against the swiss in the second period. big game on sunday against the USA.

Comment

Originally posted by silver spoon View Post
            what event,womble ? your avatar looks like a burka,

or are you being coy ?
            Slalom/Giant Slalom are her forte....she has had a few injuries over past 18 mths but hopefully she will be in good shape....she deserves to do well as do all the athletes.

Burka????? Thats my Moroccan look...just getting in practice for my break lmao

Comment

the closing ceremony starts at 9:30 canadian time. what a way to end a
              fabulous event with the mens hockey team winning gold in a great game against the usa. both teams played their best hockey in a brilliant finale
              which could have gone either way.
              " syd the kid" scored the winner in overtime. ...GO CANADA GO..........

Comment

Originally posted by newtry View Post
                the closing ceremony starts at 9:30 canadian time. what a way to end a
                fabulous event with the mens hockey team winning gold in a great game against the usa. both teams played their best hockey in a brilliant finale
                which could have gone either way.
                " syd the kid" scored the winner in overtime. ...GO CANADA GO..........
                Well done to the Canucks, Vancouver did a great job, one of my favourite places. If I didn't come to live in Perth, Vancouver was my second choice (first really but my missus wanted to go somewhere warm)
                Such is life - Ned Kelly

Comment

yes, great coverage over all. biggest complaint was that the olympic flame
                  not accessible to the public for photos etc.
                  my first choice for emigration was to oz, but the better half said it was too
                  far. your misses is a smart woman. give me the heat any time....

Comment

we had same choice with south africa thrown into the mix..we both got jobs there prior to emigrating....thank god we chose canada.....no spiders!!!!

did ya see the Hockey match earlier John???? stressful eh???

canada owns the podium eh...!! go canada go.!!

Comment

jasuz helen. what a game.......nearly had a sevener when the states scored
                      in the last minute......thought to my self......the leafs all over again...........
                      south africa.............i even looked up into cyprus............what the hell was i
                      thinking???????????????

Comment

well no..i can understand i almost had an aneurysm myself hehehe!!! and then that score came outa no where..i laughed when they asked him how he felt scoring and he goes.."didnt know i did..i just hit the puc lol....""

god love the leafs heheh

Comment

Went to an ice hockey game in Madisson Sq Gdn a while back. It has to be the most exciting sport there is....so fast!
                          Such is life - Ned Kelly

Comment

i actually hate hate hate fecking hockey dave, its the most expensive game on the face of the earth for little boys..and they bloomin have you up at 4am on saturdays thro snow storms for practice....but i get very excited at games that Mean something...like a gold medal heheh

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
                              i actually hate hate hate fecking hockey dave, its the most expensive game on the face of the earth for little boys..and they bloomin have you up at 4am on saturdays thro snow storms for practice....but i get very excited at games that Mean something...like a gold medal heheh
                              The cricket here is as bad, the amount of gear my nephews have costs their poor parents a fortune. The whole weekend is taken up sometimes and of course the boys being different ages, never play at the same venue so it's two cars etc...
                              Such is life - Ned Kelly

Comment

Working...
                              X