Exploitation of workers....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exploitation of workers....

Lately I have noticed the ''exploitation'' card being dealt again......

Companies taking advantage of low wages to make vast profits.....

Well, it is Christmas......and as the ''rush to buy'' cheap goods hots up, and the never ending search ''for bargains'' continues.......

Just how many shoppers will spare a thought for the workers abroad that are being exploited to enable them to get their cheap goods.....

Or is it ok if it is someone else that is being exploited, so long as it is not ''yourself''......

A selfish World we seem to live in.........
    Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Originally posted by quinner View Post
    Lately I have noticed the ''exploitation'' card being dealt again......

Companies taking advantage of low wages to make vast profits.....

Well, it is Christmas......and as the ''rush to buy'' cheap goods hots up, and the never ending search ''for bargains'' continues.......

Just how many shoppers will spare a thought for the workers abroad that are being exploited to enable them to get their cheap goods.....

Or is it ok if it is someone else that is being exploited, so long as it is not ''yourself''......

A selfish World we seem to live in.........

just spent a few hours walking around shops that mainly sell cheap imports.....

Much of it I believe would be made by child labour......Nobody seemed to be concerned....

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post
      just spent a few hours walking around shops that mainly sell cheap imports.....

Much of it I believe would be made by child labour......Nobody seemed to be concerned....
      Such is life .....

Comment

Originally posted by Twobob View Post
        Such is life .....
        Yes, I spent my Working life making sure that everybody got a fair crack of the whip (shop committee)......

Never had a lot of trouble really......but, things can be let go lax if allowed....

Comment

Working...
        X