absent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• absent

Have barely checked in here. My father passed away October 20th. I am grateful he suffered little and only short term. Age 85, congestive heart failure. Well, yeah, busy for months, kept working full time of course.
    I believe in.......

I'm sorry for your loss, may he rest in peace.

Comment

Condolences on your loss Trish

Comment

Very sad to hear,,,my next door neighbour passed away 2 days ago aged 60, lovely lady
        I'm a Freeborn Man of the Travellin' People

Comment

Originally posted by Curious Girl View Post
          Have barely checked in here. My father passed away October 20th. I am grateful he suffered little and only short term. Age 85, congestive heart failure. Well, yeah, busy for months, kept working full time of course.
          So sorry to hear of your loss.I know how you feel as I had a bereavement in September and the funeral was the day before my birthday.

Try to be happy at Christmas.
          jembo
          I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
          Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

My sympathies on your sad loss Trish. May you and family be comforted in your loss.
            'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

Very sorry for your loss Trish and welcome back.
              Such is life - Ned Kelly

Comment

Very sad to hear this Trish.....sincere condolences to you and the family...

Comment

thinking of you and your family at this time, a difficult time for those who have lost a loved one

Comment

Very sorry to hear that Curious Girl.....may your father rest in peace
                    The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

Thanx, all.

Well, until early spring of 2014, he was leading an active life. Had hobbies, including being a very good marksman at the range, was going to dances, had dates. But, he had CHF, and this year his heart basically started to fail. Feel it's a blessing he did not linger much suffering to be honest, and he did not want to be there doing that. He went to sleep and passed easily.

For all the complaints in the news about the US Veteran's health care system, in my dad's case he was really well cared for there. Very good doc's and nurses, they spent a lot of time with us as needed, they kept fantastic phone contact and updating with me, and even when I asked for a private room at the end, I got that, and can't say we were ever left waiting for needed health services at all.
                      I believe in.......

Comment

I'm so sorry Trish.

Comment

Thanx, all.

Well, until early spring of 2014, he was leading an active life. Had hobbies, including being a very good marksman at the range, was going to dances, had dates. But, he had CHF, and this year his heart basically started to fail. Feel it's a blessing he did not linger much suffering to be honest, and he did not want to be there doing that. He went to sleep and passed easily.

For all the complaints in the news about the US Veteran's health care system, in my dad's case he was really well cared for there. Very good doc's and nurses, they spent a lot of time with us as needed, they kept fantastic phone contact and updating with me, and even when I asked for a private room at the end, I got that, and can't say we were ever left waiting for needed health services at all.
                          Good to hear he was well looked after right to the end.... it's never easy and the longer we have them the longer we expect them to always be around....but real good palliative care is worth a fortune.... seems your Da left like my own....my fella being 94, no pain whatever, just wore out...simply closed his eyes one night an went to sleep. RIP.
                          We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

Very sorry for your loss Trish...sincere condolences to you and the family...

Comment

Thank all...
                              I believe in.......

Comment

Working...
                              X