Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ''Pensioners''

''Pensioners''......

The word is thrown around, and I believe that is mainly meant to refer to those that live on the basic state pension......

I know there are many that have no second income (though I don't happen to personally know any)....but, what exactly is their income.......

My mate is 57 and at todays rates (they will increase accordingly as he reaches retirement age) is expecting with his state and occupation pension.....to be receiving about 460 pounds a week......
    Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

State Pension (Non-Contributory) in 2014

State Pension (Non-Contributory) Rate per week (maximum)
    Personal rate, aged 66 and under 80 €219
    Personal rate, aged 80+ €229

Increase for a qualified adult €144.70
    Increase for a qualified child €29.80

Comment

Originally posted by bigby View Post
      State Pension (Non-Contributory) in 2014

State Pension (Non-Contributory) Rate per week (maximum)
      Personal rate, aged 66 and under 80 €219
      Personal rate, aged 80+ €229

Increase for a qualified adult €144.70
      Increase for a qualified child €29.80
      thanks Breda......that of course only refers to the Republic.....

There are extras on top.....?

Like housing benefits, heating allowance, free prescpiptions...opticians etc....

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post
        thanks Breda......that of course only refers to the Republic.....

There are extras on top.....?

Like housing benefits, heating allowance, free prescpiptions...opticians etc....
        Sat in the park the other day.....got speaking to a pensioner from Devises.....

I said what are you doing in Trowbridge.....he said, every day I get the Bus to somewhere.....it is free so I use it.....That adds up to a lot of money.....

Kath flys to Newcastle......Her and her friend do the same every day...

I don't use the free Buses,,,can't smoke lol

Comment

If I live long enough to get a free travel pass I will use it every day I think

Comment

If I live long enough to get a free travel pass I will use it every day I think
            Great idea.....

We went to Cheddar today.....though we drive it is just a Bus ride away....

Watched the rock climbers.....then the wild goats......and then....we watched four Deer having what seemed the time of their lives running around playing games...

Saw a Fox and four Pheasants on the way back......

Comment

knew a couple who used to go to Tipperary of a Friday to have lunch, a pint and a chat with a relative then back to Dublin in the evening, some days they went to Galway for lunch

Comment

knew a couple who used to go to Tipperary of a Friday to have lunch, a pint and a chat with a relative then back to Dublin in the evening, some days they went to Galway for lunch
                LOL...we go as far as Poole for fish and chips......though we go further just for a drive and have lunch sometimes.....Kath goes to the seaside on the free bus......usually Weston Super Mare.....

Comment

trying to figure out Contributory!
                  I think when I am 67 I will get €196.00 state pension, retirement age is 65 so not sure if I get the dole for 2 years? or maybe job seekers allowance

Comment

trying to figure out Contributory!
                    I think when I am 67 I will get €196.00 state pension, retirement age is 65 so not sure if I get the dole for 2 years? or maybe job seekers allowance
                    I think it is a nightmare to get it all together......

Everybody on basics just got a 150 pounds electricity credits......and they get the cold weather payments as well as the fuel allowance.....

That is when it drops below freezing.....the 300 pounds fuel allowance you get even if it is not cold....

Comment

I think it is a nightmare to get it all together......

Everybody on basics just got a 150 pounds electricity credits......and they get the cold weather payments as well as the fuel allowance.....

That is when it drops below freezing.....the 300 pounds fuel allowance you get even if it is not cold....
                      I just thought....the age has gone up now....Kath retired at 60....she has been retired 10 years now....

Comment

Worked with a fella years back , his view on pensioners was , WHEN THEY REACH RETIREMENT AGE , THEY SHOULD BE GIVEN AN INJECTION , THEIR COSTING US A BLEEDIN FORTUNE .....wonder dose he hold the same view now, as he is that bracket now.

Comment

Originally posted by Twobob View Post
                          Worked with a fella years back , his view on pensioners was , WHEN THEY REACH RETIREMENT AGE , THEY SHOULD BE GIVEN AN INJECTION , THEIR COSTING US A BLEEDIN FORTUNE .....wonder dose he hold the same view now, as he is that bracket now.
                          Was he on Drugs....lol

Yes, they do cost a fortune............Millions of us in the UK....blocking up the health service, the buses, the pound shops.......Causing all sorts of problems.......

What does the government do......Does everything possible to keep us alive....

I personally think we get far too much........

Comment

Senior Citizens ....if ye don't mind......not dat I'm one yet you know, but it does sound so much more civilized. We get too much He says !!!! Huh... bet dor'll be a few oul dears dyin a cold for fear a puttin on the heatin this winter.....there always is..... an yuer man says 'too much'
                            We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

Was he on Drugs....lol

Yes, they do cost a fortune............Millions of us in the UK....blocking up the health service, the buses, the pound shops.......Causing all sorts of problems.......

What does the government do......Does everything possible to keep us alive....

I personally think we get far too much........

Jazis joe,what ails ya?
                              I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
                              Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

Working...
                              X