The Anti Halal Movement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Anti Halal Movement

I only heard about this recently from a friend living in Australia. It seems to be a Fakebook campaign to stop food companies such as Cadburys securing and using Halal certification on their products.

Perhaps the OZ based posters can shed light on it? How well supported is it?

Does chocolate contain meat products ?
    Everything is self-evident.

Comment

i didnt think dairy was on the halal list either

Comment

I think it's because the Cadbury products contain gelatine.

Comment

yes i know gelatine is off limits lol..having given a huge bag of jelly babies to my friends kids for easter.. hahaha...but is there gelatine in chocolate?

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
            yes i know gelatine is off limits lol..having given a huge bag of jelly babies to my friends kids for easter.. hahaha...but is there gelatine in chocolate?
            In some products, I think there is - I just looked up a list of products and whether they were veggie or not - unfortunately Crème Eggs aren't but it would be a sin to waste the one that's sitting in my cupboard......

Comment

All about transparency...?
              Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cogito View Post
                Does chocolate contain meat products ?
                They don't even know if there are nuts in it or not! "May contain nuts".

Comment

Originally posted by Hagar View Post
                  I put one of those stickers on my car....
                  Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hagar View Post
                    That's just an opt out by food companies, allergen control is a nightmare during processing. The lines have to be closed down deep cleaned then swabbed and tested for traces of nuts etc so its easier, cheaper, less time consuming and decreases the risk of litigation by saying " May contain nuts"

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
                      Turkish Delight type products may contain gelatine. Most large brands get fairly heavily lobbied by the veggies to make their beloved "Suitable for Vegetarians" these days.

On a side note, red lemonade was not suitable for vegetarians because the colouring came from cochineal beetles. Most manufactures have replaced it with artificial colouring but you still find it used in foods and lipstick.

Comment

Let them eat toffee.

Comment

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
                          I think it's because the Cadbury products contain gelatine.
                          Still don't get it... does gelatine contain meat products ?
                          Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Originally posted by cogito View Post
                            Still don't get it... does gelatine contain meat products ?
                            Seriously?? Gelatine comes from animal bones and other bits...... you know when you leave a chicken carcass in the tin for a while and this horrible jelly forms on it? That's gelatine. It's used as a gelling agent in various foodstuffs, particularly desserts.

Comment

Who is this bloke..Hal..Al..he seems to be a real fuss pot.
                              today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                              X