X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little story....

Kath.....

Or, my kath as I like to call her.....

Was born in the deepest dark Cornwall in 1945......Three miles, or two and a half if she took a shortcut through a muddy field, from the nearest shop and school.....The ramshackle cottage where she lived had no electricity, gas, or running water.....School attendance was certainly at the behest of the weather, howling winds, driving rain and ten foot snowdrifts were often the Seasons greetings to Kath in her schooldays......

One of the many daughters of a hard drinking wife beating jobbing labourer, who found it impossible to understand that the family was more important than his ambition to consume as much alcohol as possible...
    Despite all this, Kath grew up to be a loving and compassionate woman. A carer for most of her working life.

Retiring at the age of sixty from her paying job, Kath has continued to make weekly visits to some of the old ladies that she looked after and befriended when she was working. Becoming part of their family, and in one case their only family. Kath's dedication to these people has become one of her life's priorities. Kath has recently turned seventy.....
    Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Kathy is an amazing empathic woman and obviously a great friend..

i hope you go on your knees daily quinner and thank god for her lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
      Kathy is an amazing empathic woman and obviously a great friend..

i hope you go on your knees daily quinner and thank god for her lol
      My adoration does not extend to her spiritual qualities....

Comment

now i didnt say your adoration had to be related to specific traits lol..kath is obviously a good all round person...you know you are lucky lol

Comment

now i didnt say your adoration had to be related to specific traits lol..kath is obviously a good all round person...you know you are lucky lol
          She endures me with obvious delight.....

Comment

and an enormous amount of patience hehehe...dont forget that

Comment

and an enormous amount of patience hehehe...dont forget that
              Lol......Yes, she is a delight to spoil......We do go out quite a bit together.....but, otherwise I don't see a lot of her......She always has somewhere she has to go.....She drives her own car locally.....Otherwise I take her and wait for her....I like listening to the car radio.....

Comment

Kath has five children......eighteen grandchildren.......and four great grandchildren.....

Kath very seldom drinks alcohol...but she goes to British Legion social club every Saturday night for the music and an occasional dance....

I have lived with Kath for twelve years....

Kath goes to church on the occasional Sunday.....I think it is a Methodist church in a village about eleven miles away.....

Comment

Working...
                X