Clerys closes doors as court appoints liquidators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clerys closes doors as court appoints liquidators

Clerys department store on O’Connell Street in Dublin has closed its doors for the final time with the loss of 460 jobs.
    About a dozen Clerys staff staged a sit-in tonight at the store in protest at the events that unfolded on a dramatic day for the 162-year old retailer.
    On Friday, Clerys’ US owners Gordon Brothers sold the business to a joint venture called Natrium Ltd, comprising Irish investment group D2 Private and Cheyne Capital Management. The sale price wasn’t disclosed...
    More HERE...

Big blow to the city centre...
    Everything is self-evident.

That's sad - I thought Clerys was sort of iconic in Dublin....quite surprised this is the only reference to it on the forum........

Comment

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
      That's sad - I thought Clerys was sort of iconic in Dublin....quite surprised this is the only reference to it on the forum........
      Very sad indeed KM. There was an emergency meeting this AM with Clerys staff & SIPTU & they are trying to come up with something. The staff even hadxa protest today - I don't blame them, terrible the way they were treated.
      UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

It was the last message Susie Gaynor McGowan was ever expecting to see on a Facebook page - "You've lost your job."

The staff want justice & plan demonstratiins in the future. They were treated very unfairly & the store should have been given a chance to have a full clearance sale. Fuck the liquidators. Wheres the Minister for Enterprise trade & employment hiding???
        Last edited by Suzieq; 14-06-2015, 03:44 PM.
        UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
          Me too, to be honest... thought there'd be uproar.
          Everything is self-evident.

Comment

The workers are holding a rally tomorrow from 12 - 2pm outside the store. I passed it twice today, sad to see it shuttered up & i even saw the lights on in the store.
            Anyone who got vouchers will not be able to use them. The clerys website was taken down too but a message from kpmg is there instead.
            UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

My Cousin is Married to a Guiney...Will my inheritance be affected...?
              Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Working...
              X