Windows 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 10

Microsoft and indeed Tesco are offering Windows 10 free download after 29th July. Is there a catch in this?
    I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
    Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Originally posted by jembo View Post
    Microsoft and indeed Tesco are offering Windows 10 free download after 29th July. Is there a catch in this?
    Nope, as long as you are using Windows 7 or 8 its all yours free until this time next year.

IMO Windows 8 and 8.1 were disasters.
    'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

Originally posted by Rashers View Post
      Nope, as long as you are using Windows 7 or 8 its all yours free until this time next year.

I agree,that's why I stayed on windows 7.

Comment

If I download windows 10 will I keep all my existing contacts and pictures etc.

Comment

Originally posted by jembo View Post
          If I download windows 10 will I keep all my existing contacts and pictures etc.
          Microsoft say that you needn't fear losing anything during the installation, which will take about an hour on newer machines.

But who trusts Microsoft!?

Comment

It keeps asking me to download 10....lol..I don't dowqnload anything...
            Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

I am using windows 7 and getting messages reserve Windows 10 should I be doing this??? is this something I have to do??? I just like the familiar.
              Help please and thank you.

Comment

You can download Windows 10 but you do not have to install it. However download it now and it is a free genuine copy that you can use at any time in the future. I have downloaded it but have no intention of installing it immediately. It comes with new web browser called Edge which will replace the much maligned Internet Explorer.

Comment

I hear a lota complaints about windows 8 etc etc.....but my hubbys been using it from get go and he thinks its great...very reliable ...i dont use windows cos ive a mac. hes got 10 on reserve and looking forward to using it

Comment

Microsoft hoping to win over consumers with new Windows 10

Success for its latest generation of software is critical for the company after several flop.

Microsoft is taking another shot at winning over consumers with its latest operating system, Windows 10, which is set to launch in the next few hours.

The latest version of Microsoft’s software is designed to be used across PCs, laptops, tablets and mobile phones, and is the company’s second attempt at mounting a serious challenge in the mobile device market. Its first effort, Windows 8, failed to catch on with consumers as much as Microsoft hoped, with changes such as the removal of the Start menu and a major redesign met with a mixed reaction.

MORE......

Comment

[QUOTE=Rashers;363749]Success for its latest generation of software is critical for the company after several flop.

Microsoft is taking another shot at winning over consumers with its latest operating system, Windows 10, which is set to launch in the next few hours.

The latest version of Microsoft’s software is designed to be used across PCs, laptops, tablets and mobile phones, and is the company’s second attempt at mounting a serious challenge in the mobile device market. Its first effort, Windows 8, failed to catch on with consumers as much as Microsoft hoped, with changes such as the removal of the Start menu and a major redesign met with a mixed reaction.

The word here in Canada is,to wait a few months, and see if they have worked the expected bugs out of the system before venturing to use it.The local Gurus advise, you can download,but not apply it.With the windows 8.1 which I am using, I can download it for free. I am sure the same thing applies in Ireland

Comment

[QUOTE=Ed O'Gorman;363757]
                        Success for its latest generation of software is critical for the company after several flop.

The word here in Canada is,to wait a few months, and see if they have worked the expected bugs out of the system before venturing to use it.The local Gurus advise, you can download,but not apply it.With the windows 8.1 which I am using, I can download it for free. I am sure the same thing applies in Ireland
                        Ed, like ''all good thing must come to an end''.....I believe Microsoft has reached that point where it will start to go down.....it will take a long time, but that is the way of life in business....

Progress on this earth has always depended on ''new faces''.....

Comment

[QUOTE=quinner;363759]
                          Originally posted by Ed O'Gorman View Post

Ed, like ''all good thing must come to an end''.....I believe Microsoft has reached that point where it will start to go down.....it will take a long time, but that is the way of life in business....

Progress on this earth has always depended on ''new faces''.....
                          Joe; That seems to be the opinion of those in the know.The owner won't be broke though.lol

Comment

[QUOTE=Ed O'Gorman;363763]
                            Originally posted by quinner View Post

Joe; That seems to be the opinion of those in the know.The owner won't be broke though.lol
                            No, though I believe he is giving loads of it away....

The Price of Progress Ed

Comment

Windows 10: What you'll lose by upgrading to Microsoft's new operating system

• 06:57, 29 July 2015
                              • By Jeff Parsons

A number of features will be axed from Microsoft's new software update - find out if it's a deal-breaker for you

Microsoft
                              Windows 10 is Microsoft's big software update for 2015 Microsoft has revealed the next version of Windows will be available on today as a free upgrade to anyone already using Windows 7 or Windows 8.

But there are several features that don't make it into the tech giant's latest offering.

If you decide to download Windows 10 , you'll lose the Windows Media Center application and the ability to play DVD content on your PC or laptop.

Microsoft manager Gabriel Aul confirmed to US tech site the Verge that it would be releasing "separate playback software" to address this issue, but that it wouldn't be available until "later this year."

MORE.........

Comment

Working...
                              X