What song/hymn do you want at your funeral

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What song/hymn do you want at your funeral

I am at the age where I think of this often. I have several and am still trying them out

oh i have that planned already....one deffo is going to be "i did it my way" and the other is undecided....i keep changing my mind...

Comment

'Always look on the bright side of life' from Monty Python's 'The Life of Brian'
      Such is life - Ned Kelly

Comment

Originally posted by boxman View Post
        'Always look on the bright side of life' from Monty Python's 'The Life of Brian'
        a re-write of " finnegan's wake " for me !

one of the last lines ;

" bedad he revives , see how he rises , and kevin rising from the bed , saying twirl your liquor round like blazes , be the thunderin jasis , did yis think i was dead " , whack fol the daw etc.

Comment

Wonderful tonight .....Eric Clapton....my ultimate favourtie song.....

Comment

Originally posted by Red Biddy View Post
            I am at the age where I think of this often. I have several and am still trying them out
            I want hymn & him,not sure about her.I think I'll settle for a good oul session,

and plenty of jokes, and hopefully if someone spills the whiskey,I'll

wake up.I die to see their faces lol.
            today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Comment

I have already made it plain to the family that I want a bare unadorned box of pine. (No handles, adornments, brass fittings, etc )

I have told my boys that, if people in the family insist, I would like 'Castlefergus' to be played. ( This has a special meaning for me )

I would rather have a barber shop quartet sing the following;

"Ashes to ashes,

Dust to dust,

Just fill in the hole

And get back on the bus"

Comment

every sunday morning id go for a walk to the phoenix park with my da...hail rain or shine...and hed sing...."im singing in the rain..." i want that...and some nice rap music provided by my son lol....so 3 songs in all.

Comment

not sure if anyone has seen this documentary before. it is about a man who is dying and his outlook about it. i have a special interest as this is the same condition my late son had. jonny wanted awareness of the condition so he agreed to make this documentary to the very end literally. he seemed to have a wicked sense of humour.and he picked a great song for his funeral.
                  Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Comment

darn jeanie..i cant see it its blocked to canada..do you think theres a way around the block?

Comment

i've just spotted that mkm. it's a channel 4 doc and they seem to have blocked it in some countries for copyright reasons they say. not sure how to get around it.

Comment

How about "Roll me over, lay me down and do me again".

Comment

ok thats it captn...im coming to get ya. lol

Comment

not having any, cheapest coffin they will allow for a cremation and then everyone off for a hooley, there they can sing anything they want

Comment

jeanie...i got it......hugs.

Comment

Working...
                              X