Finglas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finglas

Whats gone wrong,its a far different place than weve seen in photos of a community that had nothing and shared everything.People stopping for a chat or just a quick hello in passing.Today its seems as if no one cares or gives a damm,young or old or are seen as been nosey if they ask how an old friend is keeping .Is this a result of Celtic Tiger ,because people were too busy feathering their nests to care,or is it because Finglas has eventually ,become the melting pot that was the product of rehousing people from various parts of Dublin,a great experiment with a great name called intergration .Now its seems as if anything goes,voilence,drug and alcohol abuse,random shootings tit for tat,where do we go from here,because we cant go back,society has failed us or have we failed society?

It's the same everywhere!!! The reason.....there are lots....basically I think it is down to people becoming more self centered. They have become less caring and tolerant of others and also less respectful which in turn leads to all sorts of stuff as if you have no respect you will not mind what you do to/or happens to, those around you. Just my opinion!!

Comment

Anyone see this video on You Tube? It's called Finglas Then And Now... worth a look I think:

Last edited by Rashers; 24-10-2009, 02:19 AM.
      'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
        Whats gone wrong,its a far different place than weve seen in photos of a community that had nothing and shared everything.People stopping for a chat or just a quick hello in passing.Today its seems as if no one cares or gives a damm,young or old or are seen as been nosey if they ask how an old friend is keeping .Is this a result of Celtic Tiger ,because people were too busy feathering their nests to care,or is it because Finglas has eventually ,become the melting pot that was the product of rehousing people from various parts of Dublin,a great experiment with a great name called intergration .Now its seems as if anything goes,voilence,drug and alcohol abuse,random shootings tit for tat,where do we go from here,because we cant go back,society has failed us or have we failed society?
        How are you, Alan? Nice meeting you again. How are ya keeping? Good I hope.
        Gatsby

Caesar et erat forti, Brutus et sum iam, Caesar sic in omnibus, Brutus sic intram.

Comment

Its the same here alan....when i was raising my kids...the poor kids had an unfortunate life...they could do nothing behind my back..there was always a neighbor to catch them..give them a clip on their ears...but they had loads of friends, played on the street...rode their bikes..the neighbors all knew each othr..

but my grandsons..thro the summer i had enough of them watching tv and playing video games so out on the front lawn i turfed a clatter of toys and their bikes...i live in a quiet court so they were perfectly safe...and i was keeping an eye on them...

the commotion and shock of the neighbors..you NEVER see kids playing on the street in this area..funny though...next day another couple of kids appeared...and the kids had a great time and made friends...and the neighbours actually chatted.....................not like it used to be..

I think your right Dolores.

Comment

Keep riff raff out of Finglas...................

PROTECT THE FINGALIAN BORDER!
            Attached Files

Comment

The Finglas Song

Comment

At the crossroads in Finglas village stands a stone memorial that was erected to the memory of a man called Richard McKee. He was a member of the Irish Volunteers, a group of men who fought in the Easter Risining and the War of Independence.

Comment

Finglas Abbey stands in ruins in the grounds of St. Canice's Graveyard. The Abbey was built on the site of an ancient monastery, which was founded by St. Canice in 560 A.D.

Comment

Testing one...one...one,two...timebomb...bombshell..

Time****...there - that's better. What kind of sloppy mods have they got on here??!!
                    Last edited by cogito; 16-11-2009, 01:20 PM.
                    Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Originally posted by cogito View Post
                      Testing one...one...one,two...timebomb...bombshell..

Time****...there - that's better. What kind of sloppy mods have they got on here??!!
                      Our censorship is very mild over here, we are adults not kids
                      Such is life - Ned Kelly

Comment

And patrons are requested to leave their b0mbs at the door on the way in.

Comment

yer a big brat coggie lol

Comment

what other words can we use on this forum? shall I test it?
                            https://www.facebook.com/#!/rocknrollrockabilly

Comment

No Paddy kape ur big mouth shut tite...
                              It is what it is.

Comment

Working...
                              X