Tree Stump - Diesel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tree Stump - Diesel?

Anyone used diesel to kill a tree stump? I had a tree cut down today and that's what the guy recommended......does it work and is it the same diesel you'd get from a petrol station? (Never heard of this until today!)

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
    Anyone used diesel to kill a tree stump? I had a tree cut down today and that's what the guy recommended......does it work and is it the same diesel you'd get from a petrol station? (Never heard of this until today!)
    I have heard of that......And that it works, drill deep holes and put diesel in....
    Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

drill fill cover with plastic keep toped up for at least 2 weeks.
      We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

Thanks guys - the bloke has already drilled some holes. I suppose I can just buy a can of diesel from a petrol station?

Comment

Thanks guys - the bloke has already drilled some holes. I suppose I can just buy a can of diesel from a petrol station?
          you might have to buy one of those gallon plastic petrol containers......they wont let you fill anything thats not kosher.

Comment

Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
            you might have to buy one of those gallon plastic petrol containers......they wont let you fill anything thats not kosher.
            Okay.....thanks for the advice, Damn.

Comment

Okay.....thanks for the advice, Damn.
              glad te help....stay cool

Comment

See what the Minimum on the Pump is.....Diesel is not a spirit so you may not have to buy a special container...

Comment

drill fill cover with plastic keep toped up for at least 2 weeks.
                  sorry just read- this again - did you mean keep it taped up or top it up for 2 weeks?

Comment

A gallon of Creosote would probably more effective .

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post
                      See what the Minimum on the Pump is.....Diesel is not a spirit so you may not have to buy a special container...
                      I'll just go in and ask them what to do - I'm sure it won't be the first time someone's asked about it.

Comment

I'll just go in and ask them what to do - I'm sure it won't be the first time someone's asked about it.
                        bring a bottle to the local Building site or roadworks.....They use red diesel that costs vey little.....Use your charm, and make someones day.....

Comment

bring a bottle to the local Building site or roadworks.....They use red diesel that costs vey little.....Use your charm, and make someones day.....
                          Well why not just tell her te take all her kit off and axe the labourers fer two gallons an be dun wirreh ffs...........

Comment

Well why not just tell her te take all her kit off and axe the labourers fer two gallons an be dun wirreh ffs...........
                            Stop getting your knickers in a twist.......Your days of screaming at people are long gone.....get over it....

Comment

Stop getting your knickers in a twist.......Your days of screaming at people are long gone.....get over it....
                              Jaziz a pound an ninepence a gallon a diesel an yur tellin yer wan te go down an 'charm' some durty lookin eejits on a buildin site wirrah bottle...wtf... get over it is right.

Comment

Working...
                              X