Women's Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women's Issues

I suggested a thread like this for women to come together and talk about issues that effect us as women, single, married, separated, widowed, in a relationship or any situation that we women find ourselves.

I work for a semi state organisation and although we are treated equally with men I can only get part time work because I am a homemaker. I have asked for full time work but each time I am told the work is available but continue to be fobbed off. My heads of departments are very nice people, all males.

Is there any woman in a similar situation, or is there any female members that have any input into this thread?

The thread may not work as I don't know how many women are members or might have an interest.

I hope we can discuss all issues that affect women including health.

May I ask moderators to monitor this thread for us? Thank you.

Yes Paula, Its a well know fact that Male Employers seem to think it a waste of time to Train females as they Imagine they will take long periods of time out of work owing to child minding issues,

It has never been expected that the father of the Children should take time off

I doubt if that will ever change in My lifetime.

Have you no Union that fights for your right to obtain full time employment.

All of my Daughters have full time employment one has a seventeen year old son

One lives in Vancouver and one works in Dublin Airport. I think there are jobs that give women equal statis

Comment

Joan there was a problem a few months ago and arrangements were made for our rep to approach our higher officers. I walked into the office and there he was sitting on the edge of the desk with the boss. So much for him as a rep. Sending a man to take on a womens problem was a mistake.

Comment

Same old Story Paula The Old Boy's Club Get a woman representative

Comment

I work in the Civil service and they are very family friendly. I did work fulltime with them for two years til my first dauughter was born in may 2010. I took the usual 6 months maternity leave and then 4 months unpaid and returned after Easter 2011 as I had a lot of leave to use up and organise her creche in DCC as my hubby works for them. I had that amount of time off as I was breastfeeding and was certainly NOT ready to go back to work when she was 6 months old. I went part time after that and they were very good about it. The same pattern occurred when I had my second baby, and the only difference was I was ready to return to work in January 2014 & she was inducted into the creche very quickly too. I will not work full time again til the kids are older. I definitley would like more money in my pay packet!!
          UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by joan mack View Post
            Same old Story Paula The Old Boy's Club Get a woman representative
            Women have aways been under valued in Industry that is why |i do hope Hilary Clinton makes it to the White House and I congratulate Angela Merkel
            Last edited by joan mack; 25-03-2016, 01:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by joan mack View Post
              Women have aways been unde valued in Industry that is why |i do hope Hilary Clinton makes it to the White House and I congratulate Angela Merkel
              Come on !!! We need a female taoiseach ffs.
              Last edited by Suzieq; 25-03-2016, 12:57 AM.
              UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Wonder how Martin O'Neill's remarks will go down about ugly women, I wouldn't take it serious but a lot of less confident women will,

The Squad can bring their wives if they are pretty but not the ugly ones lol!

Comment

'I thought it was a woman’s handbag pressing into my backside...

'I thought it was a woman’s handbag pressing into my backside... but someone was groping me – hard' - Woman's horror at being groped on Luas.

Like most women, I’ve put up with my fair share of casual sexual harassment whether it’s White Van Man and his trademark wolf-whistling or Creepy Crotch guy who feels justified pressing his unwelcome member against you as he passes in a bar.

And, like most women, I have tended to accept instances like these as an irritating, but unavoidable, part of life.  Outrage is generally not my default setting.
                  However, having been groped on public transport I’m ashamed by my own apathy.

It happened during winter on the green LUAS line.  The carriage was packed tight, uncomfortably so, with bodies too close and hands unavoidably touching on the circular yellow handrail in the centre.

MORE....................
                  'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

Working...
                  X