Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An operation in progress in the Mater hospital 1892

Attached Files
    'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Good to see the public could wander in. It's all about... transparency. Innit...
    Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Originally posted by cogito View Post
      Good to see the public could wander in. It's all about... transparency. Innit...
      No surgical gloves or masks and all those people in the room. You'd be lucky to survive that these days with all the super bugs about. Still,it's the work of doctors like that got us where we are today and advanced medical science to the point of bodypart transplants and much more. I!m sure many of us are alive today because of the pioneering work of the sawbone doctors of those day.
      Last edited by jembo; 28-03-2016, 07:43 AM.
      I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
      Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

Originally posted by jembo View Post
        No surgical gloves or masks and all those people in the room. You'd be lucky to survive that these days with all the super bugs about. Still,it's the work of doctors like that got us where we are today and advanced medical science to the point of bodypart transplants and much more. I!m sure many of us are alive today because of the pioneering work of the sawbone doctors of those day.
        There is probably enough carbolic acid around there to kill anything that is brave enough to take a deep breath....
        Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Nare a grape or a bottle of Lucozade to be seen .

Comment

I was fortunate enough to ramble throughout the old corridors of the Mater recently, they lay empty and deserted but still spotless clean, the wooden panels and tiled floors all shining. As I rambled my mind also rambled to the pioneering surgeries that went on there along with many cures, but also sadness. I was sorry I didn't have a decent camera with me.

All the wards and theatres are now housed in the ultra modern extension.

Comment

I had my appendix taken out in the old Mater. I remember the smell from the kitchens in the basement, the ward I was in was down there. I liked to walk around the old corridors and would love to see pics of them and all the piping work along just under the ceilings.

Comment

I did some of my cardiac training in the old cath lab in the basement, I learned so much from the team there. I took a ramble down there too and it was eerily quiet.

Comment

Working...
                X