Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance

Has anyone renewed home or car insurance recently?
    Has you premium increased a lot and have you shopped around and got a better deal.
    My car quote is almost 50% up on last year and house about 25%

All Insurance up thirty three per cent and as houses are again rising in price the insurance has gone up. Mine was one hundred euro dearer this year,

Motor insurance, They are claiming extra claims of larger amounts of money,

When you reach seventy your insurance on car goes sky high, They must think your going to start joy riding. You then also can only get a three year driving licence this is ageist,

I never had an accident in my forty years driving but when I hit seventy my motor insurance went mad. Now I use my travel pass and I gave my car away,
    Last edited by joan mack; 09-04-2016, 01:18 PM.

Comment

I don't think Bigby's hit 70 yet!
      I think your insurance seems to have gone up an awful lot Bigs......

Comment

Don't drive , renewed home insurance last December , no increase .

Comment

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
          I don't think Bigby's hit 70 yet!
          I think your insurance seems to have gone up an awful lot Bigs......
          No I would well believe Breda is not near seventy, I just pointed out the unfairness of Insurance Companies to load the Senior citizen who has a lot more experience of driving.

My Insurance is with Aviva and I certainly got a rise in my House insurance this year

Comment

I think we are paying for the 2 companies that went bust

Comment

Originally posted by bigby View Post
              Has anyone renewed home or car insurance recently?
              Has you premium increased a lot and have you shopped around and got a better deal.
              My car quote is almost 50% up on last year and house about 25%
              Hi Bigby....my car insurance increased by 120 euro this year.....and my insurance company wouldn't budge on the price....got a price for 100 euro cheaper with AA Insurance so went with them.
              My House insurance is due 22nd April.....got a price 65 euro above last years price.....got a price with Quotedevil for 75 euro cheaper so may go with them if I can't get any cheaper
              The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

Thanks dinny, person in work his insurance almost doubled, he got a good price through a broker n Harold's Cross, will try that broker next week.
                It is a bit of a minefield trying to get like for like quotes.
                I was with AA years ago but their prices went up too much, will try them again

Comment

Originally posted by bigby View Post
                  Thanks dinny, person in work his insurance almost doubled, he got a good price through a broker n Harold's Cross, will try that broker next week.
                  It is a bit of a minefield trying to get like for like quotes.
                  I was with AA years ago but their prices went up too much, will try them again
                  What I usually do Bigby is log on to Chill Insurance and within about 5 mins you'll get a phone call giving you the best quote from about a dozen insurance companies
                  The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

Oh I hate to do this on yis. I can't bear it myself lol!

Comment

I got a quote from a broker today, €120.00 less that my insurance company, and it is actually with my insurance company

on the house insurance the quote was more expensive

made an online quote enquiry with Chill this morning but have not heard back so far

also did an online enquiry with another company at the weekend and also no reply so far

Comment

Here you drive or you are screwed as everything is far away so you have to shop around.
                        The quotes are done easily on the Internet and I have no loyalty to any of them so each yr I get a quote and the best one wins.
                        As regards the auto insurance,here they have to give you a price to pay by the month if you like as who pays for dec when it is just Jan .
                        Don't know if you are aware of some insurance companies as regards your house will quote on the current price for your house if you sell it and included in that quote is the land ?if your house were to burn down lol.The land doesn't burn lol.

Comment

quotes are not that easy on the internet, I tried one company 4 times and kept getting error notices, in the end I phoned them and their online system was faulty, 2nd company rang me this morning but I was in work so could not answer, I ticked the email option for communication, then they sent me an email to say they did not have enough info on me to quote so had to email them details, the form they included! I could not type into it!!
                          Chill rang me back also, their quote was even higher than my insurer.
                          So many different quotes, and so many questions to remember to ask them.
                          Will try again on Saturday to phone those that work Saturdays.

Comment

Have really never come across that here Bigby .in fact they were better.
                            One ad on tv here said guaranteed lower rate?so when I called and gave them the same info they were way higher than what I got from the quote on the Internet ?I called the quote on the Internet and actually got it LOWER when the girl asked me some more questions.
                            Guess answer is shop,shop,shop.

Comment

House insurance was up last August , rang another company in July to check their quote , gave all details to which I was told " Sorry we can't give you a quote as our information is your'e in a potential flooding area " or words to that effect ........news to me .

Comment

Working...
                              X