Release of Michael Mc Aleavey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Release of Michael Mc Aleavey

Michael Mc Aleavey was relaesed from prison last week after he gunned down and murdered three of his former army colleagues...on October 27, 1982

He is now 46 yrs of age and the rest of his life ahead of him , I really don't think this is fare as he cut three young lads life's short and he can now grow old a free man and they will never grow old ..

Has anyone any opinions on this ....
    It's nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.

I vaguely remember this case.

A former Irish soldier who killed three of his colleagues in the Lebanon in 1982 has been released from prison in Co Antrim.

I dont think he should be out

Comment

I remember the case well and can't believe it so little publicity , I knew he would get out eventually once he was moved up North , but I still find it hard to think you can take three peace keepers lives and just get such a short time in prison, Life should mean Life

Comment

Reggie, I despair too. But people are selective. the 3 people who died do not appear to mean anything to the judicery system. Its so wrong

Comment

Thanks for your reply Red Biddy , but the three people that died mean something to me especially one of them , It's so wrong I just cant get my head around it,
          I used to go mad when all comedians made jokes about Irish people and the Paddy's but do you know what ,,, We Are A Joke... As in the way the country's run......

Comment

Its the same here - peoples feelings are being trampelled on. About 30 years ago, a 7 year old girl was murdered quite close to where I lived. Her 4 year old sister was also badly beaten. The girl's dad was a friend of my husband and I knew him as well

I also knew the lad - I worked for his partents and they were lovely. I had to give a statement just because I knew his family

He was 15 and got out after 7 years. the girl's dad traced him and went to see him and from what I can gather - we had all lost contact by then - gave him a bit of a hiding - no broken bones or anything like that. He was charged but I do not know the outcome although he was not jailed. I would have done much worse than that - a dead little girl and a badly injured baby? My hubby would have gone mental

I saw the anniversary for Mandy in our local paper recently - her daddy puts it in the paper every year

Comment

С огоньком!
              Attached Files

Comment

I suppose hell is the place for evil people Zoli

Comment

During much of his incarceration Mc Aleavey was protected. At one time he came very close to being poisoned, and was assaulted on a number of occasions.

He murdered Corporal Gregory Morrow, Private Thomas Murphy and Private Peter Burke, three of his colleagues in the Lebanon in 1982.

There are long memories and if I were him I'd go into hiding now -- perhaps he has.
                  'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggie View Post
                    I remember the case well and can't believe it so little publicity , I knew he would get out eventually once he was moved up North , but I still find it hard to think you can take three peace keepers lives and just get such a short time in prison, Life should mean Life
                    The worst part about it, Reggie, is that, while those men on duty at Tiblin bridge that night might well have expected to be attacked by some of the combatant factions, they were totally unprepared to be cut down by a murderous member of their own guard detail.

Life should mean life!

Comment

Originally posted by Bang Bang View Post
                      The worst part about it, Reggie, is that, while those men on duty at Tiblin bridge that night might well have expected to be attacked by some of the combatant factions, they were totally unprepared to be cut down by a murderous member of their own guard detail.

Life should mean life!
                      Once again proving Victims have no rights

Comment

Working...
                      X