• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what did you do today ?

copied this thread from next door.

Are weekends getting shorter ?Anyway had a bit of a lie in,and then went

to a retirement village,where they had a fete.All the money they raised

will go towards making life even betterfor them.

Maria bought some books,promised to read them to me,she's nice.

I bought some fressia bulbs and a few other plants,I've bought a lot of plants

recently,but they flat out refuse to plant themselves.

So I got into it,and as usual with gardening,I felt good after it.Now I got

to pray them survive my black fingers.

for now.
    today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Woke and it dawned on me (no pun intended) that we're into official Summer Time. So I put the clock one hour forward and sat here feeling sorry for myseld cos I've lost an hour and no one will give it back to me.

So now I'm going to shower, dress and go to the Deli for a ready cooked breakfast.

It's a hard life, but someone's got to do it.
    'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

Mother of god i want YER weekends in future..mine was a relaxing weekend by comparison to how they usually are..we only had one grandchild sleeping over so outa bed yesterday morning...grab a coffee, into the car with the g/son to run over to his house to pick up his ds game hed forgotten there, on to the drug store, grocery store, then home to finish painting the new room in the basement..out to the hardware store to get extra bits and pieces we needed for the floor....came back helped willie lay the underlay you put down under laminate..helped him move furniture around the basement..in between this i made lunch and a dinner i could heat up later after the work was done...in between this i went for a cycle with the grandson...helped him do his homework..threw in a couple of loads of laundry and applied a heavy coat of sealer polish on the living room floor.....heated dinner and looked for wine at 7pm when we decided we'd done enough shit....realized i was fricking out of wine so into the car and off to the wine store...back had dinner poured a glass of wine.....then crawled down to watch 1/2 hr of a show on tv then retired to bed and was unconscious by 9.30.......

having coffee now and getting ready to help willie lay the actual floor in the room now....so today will be busy too....i want to lay on a beach with martinis and me book....and do squat all...a womans work is never done...

Comment

MKM I am surprised you are not like Twiggy!!! You never stop! Did a job I have been putting off for such a long time.....power washed the drive..it was MANKY!! Now have to do the deck etc. to get the muck and dirt left by the snow and winter winds off it....as you say - a womans work is never done - lmao - and I don't even drink so no glass of wine to celebrate when finished.

Comment

I did absolutely nothing

Comment

well i ended up having a long chat with Breda so i didnt do much today hehe..the floors done breda....dinner calls for wine

come do my driveway womble

Comment

a lovely day for me today lunch in a restaurant with Denis and the grandson and home to pack for our trip to Puerto Rico cant wait to get into that sunshine only 5 more sleeps yahoo.......

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
                well i ended up having a long chat with Breda so i didnt do much today hehe..the floors done breda....dinner calls for wine

come do my driveway womble
                sorry mkm I ment I did nothing physical, great to chat and amazed the floor went down so fast, if womble does the driveway do that mean her and pammy can fight over the top bunk lol
                enjoy dinner and wine, I had takeaway another kilo to worry about

Comment

Originally posted by Deirdre Madden View Post
                  a lovely day for me today lunch in a restaurant with Denis and the grandson and home to pack for our trip to Puerto Rico cant wait to get into that sunshine only 5 more sleeps yahoo.......
                  sounds lovely D sunshine and a good book relaxing in the warmth

Comment

Originally posted by bigby View Post
                    sorry mkm I ment I did nothing physical, great to chat and amazed the floor went down so fast, if womble does the driveway do that mean her and pammy can fight over the top bunk lol
                    enjoy dinner and wine, I had takeaway another kilo to worry about
                    silly goose i didnt even think that lol....im having a lazy day here looking at the men working and all im doing is cooking dinner....and it was great to chat with you...

one can have the bottom and one the top hehehe...

wine is a must..

deirdre you must be sick with anticipation...romantic strolls on the beach...no cooking.....cold drinks.....jez i wanna come with yas

Comment

I've been busy doing nothing. Now I'm doing a last minute bit of packing and form filling for my trip to the hospital in the morning... a trip that was postponed because of my niece's illness.

Anyone got a cure for cowardice please?

Comment

Originally posted by Rashers View Post
                        I've been busy doing nothing. Now I'm doing a last minute bit of packing and form filling for my trip to the hospital in the morning... a trip that was postponed because of my niece's illness.

Anyone got a cure for cowardice please?
                        would share it with you if I had a cure for cowardice but have not found one yet, take with you the love of your family and niece and friends and just think of us all here waiting for you when you are finished with your hospital trip

Comment

would share it with you if I had a cure for cowardice but have not found one yet, take with you the love of your family and niece and friends and just think of us all here waiting for you when you are finished with your hospital trip
                          Ahh thanks... that's a nice thing to say. Now I don't feel quite so cowardly.

Comment

My dear friend rashers Breda said it all good luck and god bless..... I will be waiting to hear how you get on ....hugs xxx D

Comment

Originally posted by Deirdre Madden View Post
                              My dear friend rashers Breda said it all good luck and god bless..... I will be waiting to hear how you get on ....hugs xxx D
                              Thanks Deirdre. I wonder would they be considerate enough to offer me a blindfold?

xxxx

Comment

Working...
                              X