Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When I die

Himself wants his ashes thrun into the Irish sea

I am considering doing what our dear pal Kitkat wants to happen - sprinkle me ashes in the Bogey Fields. I spent so much time there, playing shop, building snow people (ha ha) planting flowers in plots with my dad, dragging the tree branches cut by the corpo and dumped there and bringing them home for the fire

Watching himself playing hurley (he was a great player) getting banned for a fowl, and then seeing the Bogey fields turned into Nephin park - for fruch sake it was owned by the kids in Cabra West - the ones on the Nephin road never used it - it was too common for them

well i hope thats not going to be for a long time..

i tell yer man...i want my ashes sprinkled into a can of stucco and painted on the wall behind our bed...he loves that bed... but seriously i have me das ashes in a cookie jar here...i didnt want to sprinkle him in a country he didnt know anyone in....and glasnevin was too creepy so ive told me kids....dump both our ashes into lake ontario and retire to the pub for a hooley.....anyone daring to display my remains in a funeral parlor can expect to be haunted for life.............thats not a threat ..its a promise..

Comment

Why cremate ? what will the archeologists be able to tell about you in a couple of thousand years time .... mmm this one was burnt ! I've asked my family to bury me in a box in a nearby cemetry with a heavy stone over me head so that I won't be tempted to rise again !!

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Patch View Post
        Why cremate ? what will the archeologists be able to tell about you in a couple of thousand years time .... mmm this one was burnt ! I've asked my family to bury me in a box in a nearby cemetry with a heavy stone over me head so that I won't be tempted to rise again !!
        Now there's an idea, stuffing up archeologists. Surely there's a way to have your body modified somehow so that if you're dug up in a thousand years you'll give them a bum steer like maybe USB connectors in yer skull or something or a jack plug connection for your electric guitar in your pelvis. It would give me a bit of a chuckle to think that when I'm dead I could still be up to no good and having a bit of craic at someone else's expense.
        Such is life - Ned Kelly

Comment

Such is life - Ned Kelly !!! well seeyin as you mentioned Ned I told the squeeze to scatter me ashes in the woolshed valley wher Ned and the boyos roamed !

Comment

Personally I would like to be creamated, do not want my ashes shook any where, would hate my ass to be one side of the lake and my head the other

Comment

the only thing id ask would be...that everyone makes sure im really dead before they throw me in the fire....and i want my Manolo blahniks that im saving for my funeral in the fire too..

Comment

Originally posted by eithne View Post
                Personally I would like to be creamated, do not want my ashes shook any where, would hate my ass to be one side of the lake and my head the other
                We'll put yer ashes in an egg timer and you can do some work for a change
                Such is life - Ned Kelly

Comment

an egg timer....jez what a great idea boxie....

Comment

Originally posted by boxman View Post
                    We'll put yer ashes in an egg timer and you can do some work for a change
                    That is a great idea, egg timer it is

Comment

I told them to put a steak in me heart - I watched too many vampire filuums

Comment

Originally posted by eithne View Post
                        That is a great idea, egg timer it is
                        for a price you could be made into a diamond

Comment

To be honest, I think it is nice for relatives to be able to go and visit a grave and talk to their loved ones. I usually do that when I am in Dublin and visit my parents grave. However, as i get older I have to admit I have not done that in a while.

I visit the local cemetry here quite often - I have lots of friends buried there and it kind of brings you back to reality and you forget about paying bills, the tele etc for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Biddy View Post
                            I told them to put a steak in me heart - I watched too many vampire filuums
                            what sort of a steak red, scotch,rump,or eye fillet.Seems like a waste.

to glasnevin on my way to heaven P. G.
                            today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Biddy View Post
                              To be honest, I think it is nice for relatives to be able to go and visit a grave and talk to their loved ones. I usually do that when I am in Dublin and visit my parents grave. However, as i get older I have to admit I have not done that in a while.

I visit the local cemetry here quite often - I have lots of friends buried there and it kind of brings you back to reality and you forget about paying bills, the tele etc for a while.
                              I agree red it' great to visit and imagine you are in their presence.

So boring to be cremated,as was said you could have your ass here,

and the rest god knows where.
                              today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                              X