Northern registered cars misusing our roads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern registered cars misusing our roads

Recently, I've had to travel outside Dublin on several occasions.

The one thing I've noticed is that a large percentage of northern (or British) registered car drivers flaunt the rules of the road. They break speed limits, tailgate to bully and drive in bus lanes.

Isn't it about time that we amalgamate our car registrations with the British authorities so that this can be stamped out?.

Originally posted by nansson View Post

The one thing I've noticed is that a large percentage of northern (or British) registered car drivers flaunt the rules of the road. They break speed limits, tailgate to bully and drive in bus lanes.

Isn't it about time that we amalgamate our car registrations with the British authorities so that this can be stamped out?.
    AFAIK that was legislated for (see below )

A Convention of Driving Disqualification was adopted by EU Member States in 1998. Ireland's Road Traffic Act 2002 provides a framework for implementing the Convention. Section 9 is designed to facilitate the entry into force of the framework for bilateral co-operation with other EU Member States in applying driving disqualifications for a number of serious road traffic offences committed in another Member State.

Mutual recognition of penalty points between the UK, Northern Ireland and the Isle of Man already exists. The North South Ministerial Council are examining the recognition of penalty points between Northern Ireland and Ireland.

Comment

Originally posted by nansson View Post

Very naughty indeed......
      Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles View Post
        AFAIK that was legislated for (see below )

A Convention of Driving Disqualification was adopted by EU Member States in 1998. Ireland's Road Traffic Act 2002 provides a framework for implementing the Convention. Section 9 is designed to facilitate the entry into force of the framework for bilateral co-operation with other EU Member States in applying driving disqualifications for a number of serious road traffic offences committed in another Member State.

Mutual recognition of penalty points between the UK, Northern Ireland and the Isle of Man already exists. The North South Ministerial Council are examining the recognition of penalty points between Northern Ireland and Ireland.
        I wonder has it been implemented.....they seem to have immunity

Comment

Happening for years, try driving on the M1. From Balbriggan to Dundalk the Nordies treat the fast lane as their personal lane. They are the worst for flashing cars to get out of the way and tailgating.

Comment

Working...
          X