weddings..!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weddings..!!!!!

Weddings are something i cringe when i hear of one coming up....the actual wedding has changed so much here, im not sure about anywhere else..but here its become a complete farce..and all about how much money the blissful couple can gouge out of their friends...

theres the wedding day set...but before that...theres the showers...generally about 2 at least..and a gift of a registry listed at some store is the requirement....

The jack and jill..(this is the one i completely hate) where you buy tickets to enter, pay for drinks, contribute cash to the wedding (???? if they cant afford to get married..then the big question is lol..ok i wont ask it.) theres stupid games arranged and you buy tickets to play them...

The actual wedding gift....(now that the couple have pretty much everything they need see showers) $ is the accepted gift....and generally at least the amount should be the price of the meal you will get at the wedding ...double that for a couple...and since you dont want to appear mean you probably should add another $100 or two...

One couple i know used their cash towards buying a house, another couple used it for a fancy honeymoon booked after the wedding so they could afford it....im telling ya....I hate weddings...these miserable sods need to get their act together and have weddings they can afford themselves....and not be dependent on their friends to contribute....anyone else feel like me or am i just a cranky git...

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
    Weddings are something i cringe when i hear of one coming up....the actual wedding has changed so much here, im not sure about anywhere else..but here its become a complete farce..and all about how much money the blissful couple can gouge out of their friends...

theres the wedding day set...but before that...theres the showers...generally about 2 at least..and a gift of a registry listed at some store is the requirement....

The jack and jill..(this is the one i completely hate) where you buy tickets to enter, pay for drinks, contribute cash to the wedding (???? if they cant afford to get married..then the big question is lol..ok i wont ask it.) theres stupid games arranged and you buy tickets to play them...

The actual wedding gift....(now that the couple have pretty much everything they need see showers) $ is the accepted gift....and generally at least the amount should be the price of the meal you will get at the wedding ...double that for a couple...and since you dont want to appear mean you probably should add another $100 or two...

One couple i know used their cash towards buying a house, another couple used it for a fancy honeymoon booked after the wedding so they could afford it....im telling ya....I hate weddings...these miserable sods need to get their act together and have weddings they can afford themselves....and not be dependent on their friends to contribute....anyone else feel like me or am i just a cranky git...

I had a recent conversation with my mate Sam (Salvatory)......He said his Daughter mentioned she was getting married and he should pay because it is a 'Tradition''...... His reply to her was 'F**k tradition'
    Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

I know ......he has the right idea hahahhaa..we paid for our daughters wedding and believe me..theres better ways to spend money lol..willie and i paid for our own wedding....

Comment

If they really want to marry , then off to the church , or where ever , get the papers and to hell with all the crap .

Wedding fairs , wedding planners .....pure and utter shite .......sadly , some do get sucked in .

Comment

I know ......he has the right idea hahahhaa..we paid for our daughters wedding and believe me..theres better ways to spend money lol..willie and i paid for our own wedding....
          Why get married at all.......I got on well with three kids and a great life....

Just ended up with different ideas and intentions after 29 years......No divorce, no money mentioned, no hassle, and no regrets.........Kids and friends and neighbours were mildly surprised but that was all........

Comment

Trevor O'Neill was shot dead while on holiday with his partner and their 3 children, he worked for Dublin City Council, they said his partner does not have automatic entitlement to his pension! They are now reviewing this rule.

Dublin City Council has set up a fund to help the family of Trevor O'Neill, the council worker shot dead while on holiday in Majorca last month.

Comment

Here youd be common law after a couple of months i think..so really no point in getting married at all cos if your classified as common law it means you have the same legal rights as a married couple..

His pensions go to someone, so whos listed as his next of kin?

Comment

Here youd be common law after a couple of months i think..so really no point in getting married at all cos if your classified as common law it means you have the same legal rights as a married couple..

His pensions go to someone, so whos listed as his next of kin?
                Heard of that in the UK but it never applied to me whatever it seems to mean.......

Because I had Children I claimed tax for a housekeeper to look after them.....That has changed since then...

Comment

housekeeper hahhahhaa love it quin.. that would be housekeep with benefits eh...

i hate this world of entitlement we are living in....everyone expects everything just handed to them...including bloody weddings...

Comment

I think if you want a wedding you should be able to afford it yourself. When you invite family and friends to share your day, you should not expect them to pay for it themselves.

Comment

housekeeper hahhahhaa love it quin.. that would be housekeep with benefits eh...

i hate this world of entitlement we are living in....everyone expects everything just handed to them...including bloody weddings...
                      LOL....Me and my family have not signed up to that...Yet...lol

Of course ''living in sin'' has it's benefits........but living outside in sin was also our choice and still is.......

I suppose my life could be described as ''unconventional''....

Comment

I donno i lived in sin for 10 years...accidentally of course thanks to the drunken priest in cabra west......and it caused me immense problems lol.....why do you think i eventually left ireland hahaha..

Comment

Working...
                        X