X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Siege of Jadotville- Netflix

Probably best here

Irish Times
    Richie Smyth’s The Siege of Jadotville, the story of the Irish battalion that fought during the 1961 UN intervention in the Congo, is to receive a limited theatrical release in Ireland and Britain from September 19th.
    The film was produced for the Netflix streaming service by Parallel Films.
    Element Pictures, another Irish distribution and production company, will distribute The Siege of Jadotville in these territories before its Netflix debut on October 7th.
    The film explains how, as part of an action supervised by a young Conor Cruise O’Brien, then special representative to the secretary general of the UN, a force led by Cdt Pat Quinlan defended the post at Jadotville from sustained attack by troops and mercenaries loyal to the Katangese prime minister Moise Tshombe.
    Following their eventual surrender, the Irish soldiers received no formal acknowledgement for their bravery.
    At this year’s Galway Film Fleadh, where the movie premiered, Leo Quinlan, the commandant’s son, confirmed that the Government was to issue a unit citation to the Jadotville defenders, more than half a century after the event.
    Jamie Dornan, Northern Irish star of Fifty Shades of Grey, who brandishes a convincing Kerry accent in his role as Pat Quinlan, recently spoke to The Irish Times about the project.

Came across the clip yesterday... looks fairly big budget.
    Everything is self-evident.

Comment

... and finally got around to watching it last night on Netflix. Well worth a look.

Comment

I am trying to get round to watching it.....Don't usually watch Movies but Kath watches them on Netflix on occasions and They are in the background for me.......She does not watch war movies or such like.....
        Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post
          I am trying to get round to watching it.....Don't usually watch Movies but Kath watches them on Netflix on occasions and They are in the background for me.......She does not watch war movies or such like.....
          True story... well worth catching.

Comment

Originally posted by cogito View Post
            True story... well worth catching.
            Thanks....I have read the story and will get round to it......
            Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Working...
            X