Reeling in the years (1968)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reeling in the years (1968)

Removed by You Tube but this thread continues with Reeling in The Years 1962 further on in post #17 in this thread.
    Last edited by Rashers; 07-10-2012, 08:15 PM.
    'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Thanks a million Rashers ........that was the year that I tied the knot..........

Comment

Originally posted by Deirdre Madden View Post
      Thanks a million Rashers ........that was the year that I tied the knot..........
      Hope it brings back some happy memories for you Deirdre.

1969 Coming up soon.

Comment

1969 ! Have yiz got a video of my wedding ? Ha1 Ha1

Comment

Originally posted by paddybourke View Post
          Did ya wave to any camera and go "Yooo hooo"? If so you might be there.

Comment

Originally posted by paddybourke View Post
            It follows in a mo... enjoy the memories paddy.

Comment

1968 - the year we plighed our respective throughs. He gave me five bob and at the altar and the deed was done. I got sold in the eyes of Jesus ha ha

I have a good life camo.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Biddy View Post
                1968 - the year we plighed our respective throughs. He gave me five bob and at the altar and the deed was done. I got sold in the eyes of Jesus ha ha

I have a good life camo.
                I backed a horse with the two blessed half crowns later.... it couldn't lose with holy money on it. It's name was Pontin Go.... and it must have gone to Pontins holiday camp cos it never showed up at the winning post.

Comment

Well I still have the 2 half crowns! As they were called - 2 and six

Comment

Originally posted by Red Biddy View Post
                    Well I still have the 2 half crowns! As they were called - 2 and six
                    I often wondered why we called it a half a dollar. I still wonder.

Comment

A bump for anyone that didn't see it and might be interested.

Comment

rashers

Hi James,
                        I had some ( Ballymun Cross ) Canadians visiting . 55 years away and in going through old family photo's i came across this and i thought you might like to see it. Eileens Dad , born 1896 was a lodge keeper in the woods . The lodge was on left side as you go down Santry Ave just pass Joe Maxwell's house on the corner from the Ballymun Cross . Eileen's uncle , Pat Young was the last tenent in the lodge. I hear you call it by another name now . OH!! how times have changed.
                        Two more connections in Eileen's family have now passed on. Pat McDonagh , Birmingham, and Tommy McDonagh , Ard Na Meala, Ballymun are now no more.
                        Regards Jim
                        Joe , Shannon.
                        Attached Files

Comment

rashers

Follow on .
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Deirdre View Post
                            So did I, the first time !!!!
                            Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is mystery, Today is a gift.

Comment

[QUOTE=Red Biddy;33529]1968 - the year we plighed our respective throughs. He gave me five bob and at the altar and the deed was done. I got sold in the eyes of Jesus ha ha

That made me smile Biddy! Our best man was giving two half crowns for the wedding ceremony, however, he elected to slip one into his pocket and I was given the other! I had it for donkey's years in a little purse but our then house was burgled and sadly the purse was stolen with other items.

Comment

Working...
                              X