St. Wilfrids Terrace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. Wilfrids Terrace

Anyone know where St. Wilfrids Tce is in Harolds Cross? Something really weird happened in my house today in relation to this road!!!!!!

Originally posted by Womblemum View Post
    Anyone know where St. Wilfrids Tce is in Harolds Cross? Something really weird happened in my house today in relation to this road!!!!!!
    Any good?
    Attached Files
    'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

Thanks Jim...now all I have to do is solve a mystery

Comment

Was out yesterday and had tidied the kitchen etc before I left. When I got home, there, on top of the counter, was an acknowledgement card for a lady named Bridget Fay, 11 Wilfred Tce, dated.......October 1954!!! It looks as though it was only printed yesterday!!!! Now neither myself or my husband have ever heard this name before sooooooo....where did it come from? How did it land on top of my kitchen worktop when nobody else had access to house while we were out???
        Suggestions please.......................Traze, is this one for you??????

Comment

Could it have fallen out of some old book perhaps or is there an open toped cupboard that it may have been on and a breeze or even a mouse dislodged it and it fell to where you found it.

I googled the name and found a Bridget Fay transported to Australia in 1849 as an orphaned female to boost the stocks of the colony.!!

Go to http://ehlt.flinders.edu.au/archaeol...orth/2002e.pdf as it makes real interesting reading ... but nothing that will solve your puzzle.

Comment

Did you look in th phone book to see if it has a listed number for that address? If it has the present occupants might know about the Bridget Fay that lived there.

Ot a Thoms Directory for around the same time.

But that doesn't solve the puzzle. I think the good Captain may have hit the nail on the head with it falling out of an old book maybe.

If you solve the mystery I'd love to hear about it.

Where's traze when we need her?

Comment

Believe me guys, I have gone over every rational explanation and some irrational....none of the possibilities you mention are a runner. I am well and truly stumped! There are no Fays listed at that address in the phone book.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Patch View Post
                Could it have fallen out of some old book perhaps or is there an open toped cupboard that it may have been on and a breeze or even a mouse dislodged it and it fell to where you found it.

The only mouse in my house is ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Was out yesterday and had tidied the kitchen etc before I left. When I got home, there, on top of the counter, was an acknowledgement card for a lady named Bridget Fay, 11 Wilfred Tce, dated.......October 1954!!! It looks as though it was only printed yesterday!!!! Now neither myself or my husband have ever heard this name before sooooooo....where did it come from? How did it land on top of my kitchen worktop when nobody else had access to house while we were out???
                  Suggestions please.......................Traze, is this one for you??????
                  Dolores do you have kitchen wall units above the work counter? sometimes when new units are being replaced no one bothers to see what has gone down behind the old units, and it sticks to the wall, and maybe some event, or vibration has dislodged it? only a therory, but when I was in the building game, I was surprised at how many things I found behide cupboards etc, people forget where they put things.
                  little story: I was building a stud partition wall in my house, I was building a new bathroom, and as I was erecting the wall I wanted to use insulation, I cannot use fibreglass, as im allergic, so I rolled up loads of old newspaper instead. My daughter, she was about 8 years of age had written a letter, I was amused at what she had said.cant remember all of it, but the jist was........when I grow up I want to be a Nun, or if I cant be a Nun, I would like to be a Prostitute! I was shocked at first, I asked her what did she mean? she didnt have a clue what a Prostitute did or was..............
                  so anyway after all the laughting had died down, I decided to put it in the stud wall, and use it as a type of time capsule............ I sometimes tell my daughter, as a joke I will pull the wall down and show her boyfriends what she had put (she is 30 years of age soon) and she pleads with me not to.
                  can you imagine what someone will think when they remove the wall in years from now? after I am well gone.................. someone is in for a great laugh.
                  https://www.facebook.com/#!/rocknrollrockabilly

Comment

hahaha too funny paddy....that was a good idea though to put it in the wall lol......

regarding your mystery womble...no other explanation for it...cept....your house is HAUNTED hehehe...

Comment

When my eldest son got married they bought an old house in the docklands area. He and a friend started to pull down old presses... fittings of all kinds in general. He rang me one evening wile they were renovating and asked me if I could come to the house as I might be interested in something.

I went down to the house and after a bit of playing guessing games he allowed me to find the mystery object.

There on a wine table in a corner of the sitting room was a slightly stained but crisp and perfectably readable copy of the first Irish Independent to be printed after the Rebellion.

I still have it of course, but to date (and that was about 14 years ago) nobody has been able to explain where that newspaper came from.

Comment

The only mouse in my house is ME!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        How do you know ? I was too polite to suggest a rat !

Comment

[QUOTE=Paddy;41802]Dolores do you have kitchen wall units above the work counter? sometimes when new units are being replaced no one bothers to see what has gone down behind the old units, and it sticks to the wall
                          QUOTE]

No Paddy Kitchen only built a few years ago and no gaps behind presses and nothing on top of them either.

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
                            regarding your mystery womble...no other explanation for it...cept....your house is HAUNTED hehehe...
                            Don't think the thought hadn't struck me.....but would make more sense if I ever heard of this lady, as I said, the card is in perfect nick, not a blemish!

Comment

Working...
                            X