Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sinatra

He is up with the greats

Last edited by Rashers; 29-05-2010, 10:37 AM.

you bet liz...he was the best

Comment

Another from Ol Blue Eyes...

'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

Had the privilege of seeing him when we came to the Carolina's in 1988, he was wonderful, his show was top notch

Comment

From my youth, I had always thought he was the best, the greatest...even as an actor, would you believe; knew all his songs, words and note-perfect...but I recently watched again the video of his tour, The Event, with Liza Minnelli and Sammy Davis Jr; and was reminded of the dark side of him. His treatment of Sammy on the tour was appalling...although he forgave Sammy for slagging him, he never missed an opportunity to remind him and knock him down...it showed...

Comment

I'm sorry to hog the stage but my previous post reminds me of a story told to our school class a long time ago by our marvelous teacher. A natural storyteller if ever there was one, he once asked the question: "What is the difference between an Irishman and an Italian?" Knowing we wouldn't know, he answered his own question as follows:

An Irishman will follow his enemy to every corner of the world; down the longest road, across the widest river, through the thickest forest and up the highest mountain. When he catches him and his enemy asks for mercy, the Irishman will forgive him and let him go. The Italian will do the same except for the final act...

Comment

seems your teacher had a stereo type view of Italians Milo - teachers should not try to inflict their views on the children in their care

It is well reported about the darker side of his nature but this thread is about his voice

Last edited by Rashers; 05-06-2010, 12:11 PM.

Comment

One of his more mellow songs Liz. Often copied - never equalled.
                'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

I loved that song years ago and still do Rashers
                  Last edited by Red Biddy; 06-06-2010, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Biddy View Post
                    seems your teacher had a stereo type view of Italians Milo - teachers should not try to inflict their views on the children in their care

It is well reported about the darker side of his nature but this thread is about his voice

...strange, I thought this thread was about Sinatra...never mind...but my experience in later life proved my teacher to be right...

Comment

Originally posted by milo View Post
                      ...strange, I thought this thread was about Sinatra...never mind...but my experience in later life proved my teacher to be right...
                      Your ok Milo, I believed it was about Frank also. My Mom would say it is ok have great admiration for his ability but you have to remember he is a flawed man.

Comment

Working...
                      X