No announcement yet.

Is it possible to get too much sleep??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to get too much sleep??

I've been going to bed early (between 9:30 and 10) lately, getting up at 6:00 am but I'm totally knackered. Is it possible to get too much sleep??
    Such is life - Ned Kelly

No Boxy.....one can never get tooooo much sleep.....in my opinion.....Im always knackered!!!!
    It is what it is.

Comment

Yeah ..... it's called DEATH !!

Comment

Feck off Captain....its too early in the mornin to be talkin of such awful terrible things......
        It is what it is.

Comment

Whatdye mean Pammy ..... it's 8pm here !!!

Comment

Well its 11 am here....and thats early for moi!!!
            It is what it is.

Comment

you mean to say that I've been up for 14 hours already and you're only getting up ?

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Patch View Post
                Yeah ..... it's called DEATH !!
                RIGHT on the money...Capt....and you're a long time dead.

Like boxy i try and get to the leaba about 10 ish, but sometimes I'm on the forums, and it gets addictive, but I'm foine....actually it depends on the individual how much sleep one needs...Churchill got about 3hours, as did

many " madmen " lol.Boxy bring a teddy bear to bed with you...and tell it

all your worries...thats after the stiff brandy.

I'm of to mo leaba anois.
                today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by boxman View Post
                  I've been going to bed early (between 9:30 and 10) lately, getting up at 6:00 am but I'm totally knackered. Is it possible to get too much sleep??
                  I sleep probably 5 of the 24 hours. But one of my friends would sleep the whole 24 if his wife allowed him. I don't think there's a correct or an incorrect amount of time to sleep, though doctors will tell you that you should get 6 - 8 hours a night.

It's the feeling knackered that's more interesting. If I oversleep I feel very tired afterwards. But you might need a vitamin supplement too.
                  'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

dont even remind me of waking up knackered...i go thro phases of insomnia getting maybe an hour here or there, and im fine......BUT when i go to bed at 10 and wake up at 8...getting 10 hrs sleep i wake up in bits....back ache, headache, and generally feeling tired...i thought it was our mattress, so we changed out the bed twice in one year, and then again last year...i thought we needed an air cleaner on our furnace, didnt help..i just realized then that it was the act of fecking sleeping for 10 hrs that was killing me..5 to 6 hrs seems to be all i can manage without feeling wrecked......and its NOT an old age thing lol....been like this for years and im only 37 according to my beautiful grandson who has exactly the same sleeping pattern lol..

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
                      dont even remind me of waking up knackered...i go thro phases of insomnia getting maybe an hour here or there, and im fine......BUT when i go to bed at 10 and wake up at 8...getting 10 hrs sleep i wake up in bits....back ache, headache, and generally feeling tired...i thought it was our mattress, so we changed out the bed twice in one year, and then again last year...i thought we needed an air cleaner on our furnace, didnt help..i just realized then that it was the act of fecking sleeping for 10 hrs that was killing me..5 to 6 hrs seems to be all i can manage without feeling wrecked......and its NOT an old age thing lol....been like this for years and im only 37 according to my beautiful grandson who has exactly the same sleeping pattern lol..
                      Stillettos I kinda get the impression your mind is always on the go....got to

do this and that....it's a wonder you get any sleep....time to smell the roses.

Comment

hahaha silver, i know your right......but ive actually slowed down ..the day before my first grandson was born was actually the last day i worked cos i wanted to just babysit him and then i had all this extra time to do things lol..i always figured sleeping was a waste of good time lol...

today my list isnt too bad.....cook niamhs breakfast and get her settled..
                        do two dump runs
                        get groceries
                        cook lunch for liam and leave it at school for him
                        pick up eamonn.
                        go to the drs for a renewal on a prescription
                        get some laundry done and packed...(we're off on holidays on saturday)
                        run back to the school and get liam...
                        drop eamonn off at a party...
                        change a light timer that doesnt work..
                        get the exhaust on my car looked at..
                        pick up eamonn from the party...
                        clean out my car if i have time...
                        organize dinner and feed everyone
                        take the kids home and put them to bed...and wait till their mom and dad come home...(theyre going to a graduation tonight)

by this time it should be 9 or so....and then ive to come back and clean the house here....and this is a "Light" day lol...ive no frickin time to sleep lol

Comment

hahaha silver, i know your right......but ive actually slowed down ..the day before my first grandson was born was actually the last day i worked cos i wanted to just babysit him and then i had all this extra time to do things lol..i always figured sleeping was a waste of good time lol...

do two dump runs
                          get groceries
                          pick up eamonn.
                          take the kids home and put them to bed...and wait till their mom and dad come home...(theyre going to a graduation tonight)

by this time it should be 9 or so....and then ive to come back and clean the house here....and this is a "Light" day lol...ive no frickin time to sleep lol
                          Don't forget to put your skirt on
                          Such is life - Ned Kelly

Comment

do two dump runs
                            get groceries
                            pick up eamonn.

Over here a dump is, well is something you do in the crapper. You should use a car now and then...this running back to the school....surely great exercise would

wear you out...where are you off to for yer holiers ?

Comment

I used to get up at 6am and go to bed at around 1 am when I worked. I still go to bed late and wake up at around 8

Some days it works out well and sometimes not so well. Depends on the state of mind

Comment

Working...
                              X