Doris Day -- You Made me Love You

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doris Day -- You Made me Love You

'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Originally posted by Brondit
    Doris Day is just gorgeous and what a voice...Thanks for posting this Rashers
    Thank you. I think it's good, even necessary to have some music in your day. And who better to supply some easy listening than the woman whose songs most of us grew up with.

Comment

when I was a ickkle boy, my favourite singer was Alma Colgan (remember her?) then I went on to love Ella Fitzgerald, Peggy Lee.all great singers, I did have a soft spot for Alma, I was only about 7, "Last night on the back porch I loved him best of all" great catchy song
      https://www.facebook.com/#!/rocknrollrockabilly

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        when I was a ickkle boy, my favourite singer was Alma Colgan (remember her?) then I went on to love Ella Fitzgerald, Peggy Lee.all great singers, I did have a soft spot for Alma, I was only about 7, "Last night on the back porch I loved him best of all" great catchy song
        Nice choice Paddy. I grew up loving Caterina Valente... remember her? I loved her singing Malaguena and The Breeze and I.

Must put some of them and yours up to revive old memories and just to enjoy once again some real music.

Comment

Originally posted by Rashers View Post
          Nice choice Paddy. I grew up loving Caterina Valente... remember her? I loved her singing Malaguena and The Breeze and I.

Must put some of them and yours up to revive old memories and just to enjoy once again some real music.
          Iv'e not heard of her Jim, but do know the songs
          https://www.facebook.com/#!/rocknrollrockabilly

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            Iv'e not heard of her Jim, but do know the songs
            She had a lovely voice. I'm going to put one or two of her songs in the 50s music thread.

Comment

Rashers and Paddy loved those singers too

Comment

Originally posted by Red Biddy View Post
                Rashers and Paddy loved those singers too
                Songs that evoke happy memories eh?

Comment

I remember reading somewhere that Doris Day cycled to the recording studio and recorded Secret Love. The article said that she sang it just once and the guy in the studio said something like. 'That's it. You won't do it better than that'. Don't know whether it's true that the song was recorded with an orchestra in one take.

See Theo's comment on this site:

http://bsnpubs.websitetoolbox.com/post?id=2423742

01/20/08 at 08:27 AM
                  Gatsby

Caesar et erat forti, Brutus et sum iam, Caesar sic in omnibus, Brutus sic intram.

Comment

"you made me love you" brings me back to my dad.....we'd be sitting by the fire toasting bread on forks and hed be singing his heart out....and that was his favorite song and my mother would join him in singing it....my sister and i would roll our eyeballs and go here they go again.......awww the comfort of those days....the heat of the fire, the scorch marks on your legs...fingers burnt off me da singing and the complete comfort of it all...

thanks rashers...

Comment

I loved Doris Day

Comment

me too...

Comment

The daughter told me recently that our beloved Doris is gay but I still love her!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Red Biddy View Post
                              The daughter told me recently that our beloved Doris is gay but I still love her!
                              no way...was she?? doesnt matter i still love her too

and love judy too..............^5

Comment

Working...
                              X