Irish Prime Minister drunk on national radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irish Prime Minister drunk on national radio

This made the headlines in Ireland today. Prime Minister (Taoiseach) Brian Cowen being interviewed on RTE radio while under the influence of alcohol.
    Listen to his slurred speech at
    Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

One should expect much higher standards from a head of government.
    Camouflage

Stockpile supplies, learn survival skills, pray!

Originally posted by Camouflage View Post
    This made the headlines in Ireland today. Prime Minister (Taoiseach) Brian Cowen being interviewed on RTE radio while under the influence of alcohol. One should expect much higher standards from a head of government.
    Never let the truth get in the way of a slime story.
    'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

Originally posted by Rashers View Post
      Never let the truth get in the way of a slime story.
      98fm have released a comic version of this on U tube & it's doing the rounds on Facebook. Brian Cowen is a disgrace & an embarrassment to this country & my husband says it was wrong of him to go on radio pissed!! He better admit it & he was wrong to smoke in Croker recently!

Get rid of this goverment, they're a shower of tossers!!
      UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

It's clear by now that Cowan wasn't drunk nor hung over. Anyone watching the news would have seen him face down his accusers.

Comment

It's clear by now that Cowan wasn't drunk nor hung over. Anyone watching the news would have seen him face down his accusers.
          Humm !! I wonder if it's like the story of the boy who cried wolf!!
          UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Listen to the original RTE interview. This was a drunken man talking.
            Camouflage

Stockpile supplies, learn survival skills, pray!

Comment

Not sure if he was still drunk Rashers but he was certainly knackered and looked as though his head was thumping! Yes he is entitled to "party" but NOT if he has an early interview....with the Labour conferance starting I think tomorrow I bet they will have the bars locked (no pun intended) to ensure they have no probs lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Camouflage View Post
                Listen to the original RTE interview. This was a drunken man talking.
                Cammo, I have to agree with you. And I also agree with Suzi. the man is a disgrace

I believe he is still on holiday, a holiday that lasts most of the summer, unlike mere mortals who get 2 weeks and those working for agencies who get none

It is not the first time it was reported that Biffo is fond of the sup, as are a lot of us, but we are not leading the country which at this time is up to its neck in debt (and to those who think I am singeling out Ireland, then your way off the mark - its the same here too)

If Biffo knew he had an interview then he should have taken care not to be in drink but I think his ego is our of control, as was Berties, Haughey's, in different ways
                Last edited by Red Biddy; 15-09-2010, 01:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Womblemum View Post
                  Not sure if he was still drunk Rashers but he was certainly knackered and looked as though his head was thumping! Yes he is entitled to "party" but NOT if he has an early interview....with the Labour conferance starting I think tomorrow I bet they will have the bars locked (no pun intended) to ensure they have no probs lmao
                  Todays Irish Indo claimed that Cowen denied his actions. Itwas on prime time tonite also.
                  UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Red Biddy View Post
                    Cammo, I have to agree with you. And I also agree with Suzi. the man is a disgrace
                    A disgrace politically perhaps. But to be judged/accused of being drunk or hungover because he fluffed part of a sentence? And remember his accusers are not the news media... they just jumped on the bandwagon. His accusers are the party that were kicked out of government for trying to slap a tax on kids shoes.

And no, I'm not a member or supporter of either party. Just trying to be fair.

Comment

A disgrace politically perhaps. But to be judged/accused of being drunk or hungover because he fluffed part of a sentence? And remember his accusers are not the news media... they just jumped on the bandwagon. His accusers are the party that were kicked out of government for trying to slap a tax on kids shoes.

And no, I'm not a member or supporter of either party. Just trying to be fair.
                      Well it's hard to know whether he was pissed or simply had a cold on him & I just saw the Irish times uptake on the matter. It's a disgrace to the country.
                      UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Suzieq View Post
                        Todays Irish Indo claimed that Cowen denied his actions. Itwas on prime time tonite also.
                        Of course he denied it Suze...but he was damned if he did and damned if he didn't! Would be interesting to talk to a saff meber of the hotel!!

Comment

To listen to Biffo's accusers you'd think they were all members of the Pioneers.

In fairness I'd say like yourself that he was knackered and perhaps should have given that early morning interview a miss. I think it's unfair to accuse him of being drunk simply because he fluffed a tiny part of a sentence... he even corrected it immediately.

However, as a polititian I have very little respect for him.

Comment

I have never been a pioneer or never will be. But I dont lead a country. He was pissed. full stop

Comment

Of course he denied it Suze...but he was damned if he did and damned if he didn't! Would be interesting to talk to a saff meber of the hotel!!
                              Agree with u Dolores!! Just glad I don't work in his department!!!
                              UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X