Anna grimes-benmadigan rd.drimnagh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anna grimes-benmadigan rd.drimnagh

IS ANYONE FROM DRIMNAGH AREA -LIVED ON BENMADIGAN ROAD,WENT TO OUR LADY OF GOOD COUNSIL SCHOOL,MOURNE ROAD -1946-1955 APPROX I DO HOPE SOMEONE IS STILL ALIVE OUT THERE THAT REMEMBERS SCHOOL IN THOSE DAYS IF YOU LOOKED CROOKED AT THE NUNS YOU GOT THE WORSE LICKING ON THE HANDS WITH THE BAMBOO STICK IF YOU SHED A TEAR THE OTHER HAND WAS WHACKED TOO, SUCH GOOD MEMORIES, BUT THE GOOD MEMORIES CAN BE SHARED WITH MY FELLOW DUBLINERS, WE AR A DYING BREED, NO ONE CAN KEEP US DOWN, AND WE HAVE TO BE THE BEST WORKERS IN THE WORLD, WHY= WE ARE GREAT SURVIVORS WHICH WAS GIVEN TO US BY OUR GREAT PARENTS-LIFE WAS HARD FOR THEM BUT THEY GAVE US THE GREATEST GIFT OF ALL = BE PROUD TO BE IRISH ALL YOUR LIFE NOMATTER WHERE YOU ARE.
    HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU VERY SOON
    ANNA O'GORMAN {GRIMES}

Wish I could help Dancehall, but all the old biddies I know that started school way back in 1946 (the year I was born) are all either pushing up dasies now or else wont speak to the likes of me.

Comment

Originally posted by dancehall116 View Post
      IS ANYONE FROM DRIMNAGH AREA -LIVED ON BENMADIGAN ROAD,WENT TO OUR LADY OF GOOD COUNSIL SCHOOL,MOURNE ROAD -1946-1955 APPROX I DO HOPE SOMEONE IS STILL ALIVE OUT THERE THAT REMEMBERS SCHOOL IN THOSE DAYS IF YOU LOOKED CROOKED AT THE NUNS YOU GOT THE WORSE LICKING ON THE HANDS WITH THE BAMBOO STICK IF YOU SHED A TEAR THE OTHER HAND WAS WHACKED TOO, SUCH GOOD MEMORIES, BUT THE GOOD MEMORIES CAN BE SHARED WITH MY FELLOW DUBLINERS, WE AR A DYING BREED, NO ONE CAN KEEP US DOWN, AND WE HAVE TO BE THE BEST WORKERS IN THE WORLD, WHY= WE ARE GREAT SURVIVORS WHICH WAS GIVEN TO US BY OUR GREAT PARENTS-LIFE WAS HARD FOR THEM BUT THEY GAVE US THE GREATEST GIFT OF ALL = BE PROUD TO BE IRISH ALL YOUR LIFE NOMATTER WHERE YOU ARE.
      HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU VERY SOON
      ANNA O'GORMAN {GRIMES}
      I can't help either, but I have cousins called Grimes. They grew up in the Tenters.
      Gatsby

Caesar et erat forti, Brutus et sum iam, Caesar sic in omnibus, Brutus sic intram.

Comment

By the way, welcome to the forum, Anna.
        Gatsby

Caesar et erat forti, Brutus et sum iam, Caesar sic in omnibus, Brutus sic intram.

Comment

Anna I knew people named Phelan lived on Benmadigan Rd.

Comment

hey i have cousins called grimes too gats....i never knew them ..cept one.......and she supposedly emigrated to OZ.....she was older than me and when my mother died i found a letter she wrote from OZ to my mom the week my mom died..in the commotion the letter got lost....her name was Ellen Grimes, she was from cabra....any help in locating her would be much appreciated...i know she married but havent a clue as to what the married name is

Welcome dancehall16.....your right our generation is the best....all hard workers thank god....and were raising great kids and grandkids.. mind you i was a bit fast in saying our generation..i meant yours.....im only 38 i told me grandson hehehe

Comment

To gatsby

Originally posted by Gatsby View Post
              I can't help either, but I have cousins called Grimes. They grew up in the Tenters.
              THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY,MUCH APPRECIATED,I KNOW MY MOTHER AND FATHER LIVED IN FENIANS STREET HAD MY TWO SISTERS AND BROTHER THERE AND WHEN THEY BUILT THE CORPO HOUSES MOVED TO DRIMNAGH-WHERE THE REST OF US WERE BORN. MY UNCLE LIVED IN BLUEBELL AND THE REST OF MY FATHERS FAMILY LIVED IN BOHERNABREENA.I DO HOPE THAT A FEW PEOPLE THAT LIVED IN DRIMNAGH OR AROUND WILL GET IN TOUCH. THANK YOU SO MUCH,SLAINTA.ANNA

Comment

Mary

Originally posted by Mary Lord View Post
                Anna I knew people named Phelan lived on Benmadigan Rd.
                HI MARY,
                THANK YOU FOR ANSWERING,DO YOU KNOW THE NUMBER, I LIVED,IN WHAT THEY CALLED THE KEYHOLE -#116 -THERE ALSO WAS THE OTHER END OF BENMADIGAN WHERE THE FIELD WAS CLOSED OFF WITH FENCES, HOPE WE CAN MAKE A CONNECTION, AS I DONT THINK MANY PEOPLE LEFT THIS AREA,MAYBE I'M WRONG. THANK YOU ANNA

Comment

Hi cap

Originally posted by Capt Patch View Post
                  Wish I could help Dancehall, but all the old biddies I know that started school way back in 1946 (the year I was born) are all either pushing up dasies now or else wont speak to the likes of me.
                  WELL THANKS A BUNCH-OLD BIDDIES,AHEM --- THERE IS STILL A LOT OF MILEAGE LEFT WITH THIS OLD BIDDIE,HA HA -I'M SURE THERE ARE A FEW OF THEM GOING AROUND THE SHOPS IN THEIR ELECTRIC WHEEL CHAIRS,RUNNING OVER PEOPLE AND SAYING =SORRY MISTER WAITING ON LICENCE TO COME INTO THE POST OFFICE =:.AH WELL MAYBE SOMEONE WILL TURN UP. NICE CHAT = THANKS ANNA

Comment

HI

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
                    hey i have cousins called grimes too gats....i never knew them ..cept one.......and she supposedly emigrated to OZ.....she was older than me and when my mother died i found a letter she wrote from OZ to my mom the week my mom died..in the commotion the letter got lost....her name was Ellen Grimes, she was from cabra....any help in locating her would be much appreciated...i know she married but havent a clue as to what the married name is

Welcome dancehall16.....your right our generation is the best....all hard workers thank god....and were raising great kids and grandkids.. mind you i was a bit fast in saying our generation..i meant yours.....im only 38 i told me grandson hehehe
                    DELIGHTED TO BE PART OF THE FORUM,I DID NOT HAVE ANY AUNTIES CALLED ELLEN,MOST OF MY FATHERS FAMILY : LIVED ON THE SOUTH SIDE,THERE WAS ANOTHER GRIMES THAT LIVED ON GALTYMORE ROAD, IN DRIMNAGH,WELL WELL I SURE FEEL A LITTLE OVER THE HILL EVEN THOUGH I FEEL 35 OR 36, WHICH MAKES LIFE SO GOOD. THANK YOU,HOPE U CATCH UP WITH AUNT ELLENS MARRIED NAME. = ANNA

Comment

Dancehall The Phelans lived at 156 Benmadigan. I was from Crumlin, Slane Rd. I've lived in Coventry since 1967, am going for a visit to Dublin in October.

Comment

Mary your a massive whirl of activity always running off somewhere....do ya ever stay home hehehhe

Comment

My kids mom. How are ya Helen,yeah I do go away a lot, every six weeks or so. I'm retired now, grandsons at school so no babies to mind. Spending the kids inheritence. Seem to spend the rest of my time at the hospital for physio on my arm. It may be a year before I get full use of it back.

Comment

enjoy enjoy enjoy mary....im so sorry though to hear its going to take so long to get full use back again...but im sure you have that wonderful hubby of yours looking after you.....tell him yer pen pal said hello hehehe

Comment

For mary

Originally posted by Mary Lord View Post
                              Dancehall The Phelans lived at 156 Benmadigan. I was from Crumlin, Slane Rd. I've lived in Coventry since 1967, am going for a visit to Dublin in October.
                              Hi Mary,
                              Thanks for answer,156 was down the left side of our road other side of Sperrin,I knew a good few people down that side cant remember Phelans,you left Dublin the same year myself husband and children left to go to Canada,I'm now living in Florida, I go home every year and as if I never left I fall back in to everything there, although a lot of things have changed, but no matter where we live our hearts are still there. Sorry about your arm but at least it will get o.k. soon, have a great time when you go over the water.Thank you again, Anna

Comment

Working...
                              X