Games from your Past

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Games from your Past

How did you occupy yourself in your childhood. This might bring a few of you back to the time of innocence
    Last edited by jeangenie; 31-12-2010, 12:46 AM. Reason: spelling

That was great JG I really enjoyed it thanks xx

Comment

catch a girl kiss a girl.i could never get one must have been my b o .

knocking on people doors and running away.

the high of my summer holidays,

playing soccor against derry road& derry park 20 a side .

Comment

and not a fat child to be seen!

Comment

Originally posted by spudseamus View Post
          and not a fat child to be seen!
          We did not have a PS3 to kick back with & watch our girth spread, and I am thankful for that.

My fav thing growing up, with girlfriends or on my own, was riding my bicycle in my S. California neighborhood. I took such good care of my bike I used to use my dad's car & chrome polish to polish my bike.
          I believe in.......

Comment

Originally posted by jeangenie View Post
            How did you occupy yourself in your childhood. This might bring a few of you back to the time of innocence
            That does takes me back lol both skipping and ball. we used to put a rope on the lamp post and make a swing. there was a power station in the lane before batchlors extended there building and we played ball up against it those were the days. great fun

Comment

We used to play kerbs for hours, does anyone remember them? You threw the ball at the edge of the kerb trying to get it to rebound.
              Such is life - Ned Kelly

Comment

Originally posted by boxman View Post
                We used to play kerbs for hours, does anyone remember them? You threw the ball at the edge of the kerb trying to get it to rebound.
                Yes the ball used to loose its shape after a while what about marbles with steeleys and conkers hardening up the chimney

Comment

Originally posted by jeangenie View Post
                  Yes the ball used to loose its shape after a while what about marbles with steeleys and conkers hardening up the chimney
                  Ah Jayziz the conkers! I was like a mad professor with all kinds of potions trying to harden the buggers. I'd soak them in vinegar and then dry them at the fire. There was always something going on. Who decided when it was time for marbles or whatever was the go that month?
                  Such is life - Ned Kelly

Comment

Originally posted by boxman View Post
                    Ah Jayziz the conkers! I was like a mad professor with all kinds of potions trying to harden the buggers. I'd soak them in vinegar and then dry them at the fire. There was always something going on. Who decided when it was time for marbles or whatever was the go that month?

yes there did seem to be certain crazes. Clackers who remembers them 2 balls on a string and you banged them together as fast as you could. then there was making a gun with a piece of wood a nail and a peg as the trigge and an elastic and the middle of a peg for the ammo. or making up a bike with bits of other bikes and extending the forks we where easily amused

Comment

Do you remember Kev the bow and arrows? You'd get the melted tar off the road when it was warm and put some on the tip of your arrow. Some houses in Crumlin looked like hedgehogs by the end of Summer lol!
                      Such is life - Ned Kelly

Comment

Cowboys and indians using hurlies as rifles.

Scotch ... a ball game where you threw the ball to hit someone to get them "out".

"Nurses and doctors" so you could get to see their "pink bits" ... oh sorry that was only last week !

Comment

piggy beds

Comment

Working...
                          X