• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Queensland floods

This is really capt's patch..so to speak.We in Victoria had the bushfires,

and lost many lives, but these floods are devastating...billions will need

to be spent on rebuilding..nature at it's worst. Channel 9 tomorrow is

launching a national appeal mainly for money..as clothing, furniture etc,

are not as vital as providing monetary relief.We are so lucky here not to have

to endure such a disaster....it doesn't bear thinking about.
    today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

yes spooner yer right we will all give im sure !! and the ginga ninga has 43 billion in the kick to some real good with

Comment

where is capt, where is capt...we need his on the spot report.

Comment

Most of the flooding is to the North and Nt.West of us ... and the poor buggers have lost almost everything. some of them twice in as many weeks !

I expect some flooding in Brisbane around Wed or Thur especially if this current rain keeps up .... we thank God should be all right as we live in Seven Hills.

Comment

Is Rothwell anywhere near the flooding?
          'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

Not really although there are some lakes nearby. So it would depend on where exactly yer cousin lives ie . low lying or on the high side.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Patch View Post
              Most of the flooding is to the North and Nt.West of us ... and the poor buggers have lost almost everything. some of them twice in as many weeks !

I expect some flooding in Brisbane around Wed or Thur especially if this current rain keeps up .... we thank God should be all right as we live in Seven Hills.
              glad to see u wont be swimming lol

Comment

Yeah, I'm sure we'll be all right but there are thousands of poor buggers out there that have lost an awful lot.

Comment

Conor did you see the response on channel 9 tonight..raising over 10 mil

and thats just the start...very impressed with those strong Queenslanders

they have experienced such hard times..droughts..floods..cyclones

mother nature certainly dishes it out...of course you do happen to have

a brilliant climate " most " of the time.

WA is also in a massive flood disaster...& they need help too.

Comment

No I missed the news as I was playing poker.

Comment

Floods pretty bad in far north WA. Perth having a big dry, never rains where you need it!
                      Such is life - Ned Kelly

Comment

WE love a sunburnt country..a land of sweeping plains..& strange weather.

Comment

Originally posted by silver spoon View Post
                          WE love a sunburnt country..a land of sweeping plains..& strange weather.
                          Silver spoon, what ever you do, do not pray for rain on Perth. Here in Q'land we prayed for rain this time last year. It had not rained for ten years. It's been raining now for the past six weeks and according to the forecast there is no end in sight. Did I say rain? This is not rain like I knew it back in Ireland and England. This is monsoon rain lick you see on the movies.
                          I live on top of a mountain called Toowoomba. You are going to see this on television. Today, just after lunchtime, it got dark, the thunder seemed to be two feet above the roof, and the lightning was a firework display. This lasted about half an hour. The wife and I were indoors snug as a bug, but thinking it was the end of the world.
                          An hour later the phone was working it's ring off. The rest of the family, who live in Victoria and Brisbane, hit the panic button. They told us that the television was breaking a big story about floods in Toowoomba. I turned on the tele and could not believe what was happening. Where we are is quite alright, but in the lower part of the city walls of water, 3 and 4 metres high wsa racing through the city.
                          As I say, we are on top of a mountain, so the water has to go somewhere. So it went down the mountain carrying all before it. From some photo's I've seen, it looks like a H bomb went off. It's now 11pm and the rain is still lashing down.

Comment

I've been watching the reports on the telly about Queensland. Frightening!

Any of our friends who are in or near the affected area, please be safe.
                            'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

Jazus Ginty, where'd you spring from ? Being up high sure has some advantages doesn't it ? When we bought this place in Brisbane back in 1990 we researched the previous flood levels and picked somewhere safe .. thank god.

Nice to hear from another Queenslander ... give us a hoy when next in Brisbane and we may sink a pint or three ?

Comment

Working...
                              X