Bang Bang Speaks and Shoots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bang Bang Speaks and Shoots

Last edited by Guest; 05-07-2011, 10:11 PM.

Originally posted by Riposte View Post
    Today is the 30th Anniversary of the Death of Bang Bang

In This Video Bang Bang Speaks and Shoots.

Brilliant clip Riposte!
    UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Hope you didn't mind me embedding it Rip.

Thirty years gone? Where has the time gone. My first memory of Bang Bang was as I was passing Malborough St church with my gran and he popped out of somewhere shooting away. My gran at that time wore a sort of shawl and she went for him with it because of the fright he gave the poor child (me).

After that he became a familiar sight, and often we played along, having 'gunfights' in the street, but mostly he got tired of the game and went off to shoot someone else.

I once saw him running towards 'posh' people as they were going into the Gresham in their furs and evening dress. The shock on their faces was a sight to see... and was even funnier when it turned to indignation.

The story is told about him standing on the platform of a 23 bus going up Summerhill shooting everyone behind in their cars and on their bikes. Then the bus jerked or hit a bump, and poor Bang Bang wound up on the road. People came running to help, but he refused, telling them the indians were coming and the stage was getting away. (The stage being the bus)

Poor oul Bang Bang, you were part of the life of many of us.

I'm not religious, but have a spirituality so, ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam dilis.

And thank you for the video, Riposte.
      'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

Here's the link to the podcast from yesterdays programme about Bang Bang

Comment

Working...
        X