Loughshinney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loughshinney

Hi All, please help me, new to site, have I tapped into right area for contacts in Loughshinney?

how coming from cabra west and all ive no idea where Loughshinney is...

and dont worry...you'll find someone who knows the area lol......my grandparents were originally from bray...................

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
      how coming from cabra west and all ive no idea where Loughshinney is.....
      Out by Skerries direction. I think we have at least one member here from Rush. But I bet someone will be familiar to Loughshinney.
      'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

You amaze me! My grand-parents came from Blackrock and Monaloe and my summer seaside outings were to Greystones and Bray!

Comment

Thank you rashers - you remind me of the Mero song.............................

Comment

Go into googlemaps for Ireland and North County Dublin will give you Lusk/Rush/Loughshinney/Skerries as the bus went.......................GREAT PART OF IRELAND/DUBLIN/MY YOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dubliner749 View Post
              Hi All, please help me, new to site, have I tapped into right area for contacts in Loughshinney?
              what do you want to knoow about Loughshinney?I spent june july and august there every year

Comment

When I was a lad, Mr Holland (Studio44) had a caravan there - Liz had a sort of shop near the harbour, Richard Mates had a caravan there and Maeve Wild/ Fran Rogan/Barbara Morgan lived in the village.................
                Last edited by Womblemum; 29-01-2011, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Liz is still alive and opens the shop for a while in the summer...no juke box though
                  Maeve Wild married Michael Gorman from Carnlough Rd but he died young and she remarried, tink she lives in Balbriggan now.
                  Fran Rogan...do you mean Amy, Georgies and Rodys dad? Lived at the harbour in the thatched house?

Comment

Boy do I ever remember the juke-box!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Michael Gorman was one of my two best mates, we boxed together, I know Maeve remarried a great guy and last I knew they were living in Mine Road - Fran married Tony Spencer my other best mate & another great Dublln boxer...........................

Comment

Boy do I ever remember the juke-box!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Michael Gorman was one of my two best mates, we boxed together, I know Maeve remarried a great guy and last I knew they were living in Mine Road - Fran married Tony Spencer my other best mate & another great Dublln boxer...........................
                      jeeze forgot Fran! You must have known me then! We had a hut in Wilds Field opposite the end of Mine Rd...Do you remember Johnny Fanning? Saw Tony couple of years ago...age has not been good to him...he was a "fine thing" when he was young

Comment

deleted this as dont know if you realised you put your name on public thread?
                        Last edited by Womblemum; 29-01-2011, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Me and of course I remember.....................
                          the name doesnt ring any bells with me
                          Last edited by Womblemum; 29-01-2011, 09:51 PM.

Comment

I was with Corithians BC when WE built the hut in Mr Wilds field - Frank O Brian, Trainer & Secretary/ Barney Farrell/O'Rielly the treasurer and others in Gardnier Place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Thanks - I was more concerned with letting you know who I am and that we knew same people - me new to this......................

Comment

Working...
                              X