Townsville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Townsville

any of you aussies got update on situation? Friends evacuated from Bushland Beach...not much available on net

Bulk of cyclone missed Carnes and moved to the South, I suppose that will mean Townsville will get it worse than expected but has been downgraded to a catagory 4 now. No reports in yet but will turn on the TV to check.

Comment

Now down to category 2

Comment

thanks for that Conor

Comment

was watching twitter feeds all evening and they report no serious injuries or fatalities which is great to read
          it will be very hard for the people now as it is early morning there now and daylight will show the full extent of the damage

Comment

Misson beach (Sth.of Carnes I think) just about wiped out .... no fatalities as was evucated. Tully also.
            Last edited by Capt Patch; 02-02-2011, 09:55 PM.

Comment

The situation is very confusing ... it depends on which TV station you watch .... Misson Beach varies from .."wiped out" to "not as much damage as Cyclone Larry" .... FN TV stations ...sensation junkies !!

Comment

Just got off the phone with a bloke from Mackay. Very blowy still but little damage there. Cyclone losing power and heading inland towards Mt Isa. Not reports of any loss of life, thank goodness!
                Such is life - Ned Kelly

Comment

latest sat image from BOM Canberra
                  Attached Files
                  Such is life - Ned Kelly

Comment

haroldsx posted a set of brilliant photo's from the Brisbane times..on the other

side.....very dramatic....boats CRUNCHED & mashed..houses destroyed

massive trees up rooted..check it out...
                    today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Comment

Just heard our friends in Bushland Beach are safe and minimal damage done to their house when they got back to it. They have no power and have been told it could be 3 weeks before its back so its lotsa barbies, candlelight, bottled water, primus stoves and porta loo. As the said...the upside is the kids might actually spend some time talking now!!!!! Mmmmmm give them 3 days and that idea is out the window!!! lol

Comment

i tell you ive never in my entire 38 years heard so much about natural disasters in Oz....hear about bush fires but generally thats it....what the heck is going on..

maybe the world is going to end next year..

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
                          i tell you ive never in my entire 38 years heard so much about natural disasters in Oz....hear about bush fires but generally thats it....what the heck is going on..

Naw, it's fairly common here , just the intensity is up a tad.

AND NO ! the world is NOT going to end next year or even the year after that !! Or so HE told me in HIS last visitation !!

Comment

Communication is immediate....we dont have to wait for a new team or Reuters to tell us we have Facebook and Twitter so news flies around the whole world instantly which is why they shut down Social networking sites in Tunisia/Egypt

Comment

What about the other 38??!!!
                              Such is life - Ned Kelly

Comment

Working...
                              X