Junk Mail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Junk Mail

Would you consider political leaflets junk mail. The reason I'm asking is I got one put through the letter box tonight and I impolitely asked them could they not read the sign on my door saying no junk mail. The reply I got was we where told it was information. Now if I want information I see and hear enough of it on the television and radio none of which I believe anymore.

Yeh JG, technically that is the excuse they are using which is why I have a No Political leaflets notice on my door. 1 eejit did put one in and it is gone back to party headquarters with no stamp on it and my name and a note as to why it returned!
    Last edited by Womblemum; 07-02-2011, 09:59 PM.

No, in Australia, Political promotional pamphlets are considered "necessary information" so that the punters can make an informed decision when they vote. As there is no information around as to who watches TV or reads the Newspapers I suppose they concider it fair game to litter yer letter box .. so there.

Comment

Originally posted by jeangenie View Post
      Would you consider political leaflets junk mail. The reason I'm asking is I got one put through the letter box tonight and I impolitely asked them could they not read the sign on my door saying no junk mail. The reply I got was we where told it was information. Now if I want information I see and hear enough of it on the television and radio none of which I believe anymore.
      I've often wondered about that too jg. I too have a 'no junk mail' sign on my letterbox. Yet I get the usual junk. I wonder if the sign is legal and maybe we could report to the post office.
      'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

complete waste of money, all mine in the recycling bin

Comment

Originally posted by Rashers View Post
          I've often wondered about that too jg. I too have a 'no junk mail' sign on my letterbox. Yet I get the usual junk. I wonder if the sign is legal and maybe we could report to the post office.
          Given that An Post offers a delivery service for leaflets I think that would be a waste of time! Keep a watch on how many advertising leaflets come in with your post!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rashers View Post
            with junk mail there is usually someone's phone number on a leaflet, I have telephoned companies and asked them who they paid for their leaflet drop, I do not mind junk mail as I feel someone gets a few bob (not much) to deliver the junkmail and sometimes there is one that I use like special offers that I usually buy, what does annoy me is the fact that they put a lot in the letter box together and not only break the letterbox but the leaflets are there all day so easy to see who is not at home.

Comment

well i had my rant about junk mail......but im almost sure political leaflets dont fall under that category cos i get enough of them.....personally i consider them junk mail and dump them all out...i prefer talking to the candidates...

Comment

Most of the time the No Junk Mail sign works for me but one b*&%/*& comes around very early in the morning with these supposed leaflets looking for charity clothing etc. I'm convinced it's the same one just a different bogus charity every couple of mornings. He's lucky I'm not an early riser lol.

Comment

Most of the time the No Junk Mail sign works for me but one b*&%/*& comes around very early in the morning with these supposed leaflets looking for charity clothing etc. I'm convinced it's the same one just a different bogus charity every couple of mornings. He's lucky I'm not an early riser lol.
                  Those leaflets are illegal unless they have some kind of symbol on them... a kite mark or something. Saw that on the telly just a few weeks ago.

But whether it's illegal to use your letter box as a litter bin is another matter.

Comment

I am an early riser and have seen the person delivering in my area, a very young female and not dressed very warmly in freezing weather
                    I am very hard hearted but also feel a job is a job nowadays so I just put them straight into the recycling, I never put out bags, I bring them to an Irish Charity but people with no transport find them handy

Comment

Originally posted by bigby View Post
                      I am an early riser and have seen the person delivering in my area, a very young female and not dressed very warmly in freezing weather
                      I am very hard hearted but also feel a job is a job nowadays so I just put them straight into the recycling, I never put out bags, I bring them to an Irish Charity but people with no transport find them handy
                      Good on you Bigby

Comment

I am amazed myself about the amount of advertisement material that's coming through the door almost daily. In the US it's a federal offense pushing anything inside a dwelling through the front door, unless the occupier has given permission to do so. It's regarded as a home invasion. But putting things in the outdoors mail box or throwing it on the drive way is legal. But there seems to be no such rule here in Ireland, in spite of many people getting annoyed about advertisement material coming in through the front door.
                        But I don't mind. I have a stove in my place and therefore welcome fuel. In fact I am always on the look out for fire-lighting paper. My sister gets a lot of junk mail through the door as well. They are living about 4 miles down the road from me. There is no fireplace in her house , so she bags all the stuff , brings it up to me or I collect it for burning.
                        Camouflage

Stockpile supplies, learn survival skills, pray!

Comment

A good way to get rid of it cammo

Comment

I hope your not lost in Wicklow

Comment

Originally posted by Red Biddy View Post
                              I hope your not lost in Wicklow
                              Should be okay as long as he stays close to the Wicklow Wolf.... his friend who is known better to us as MM.

Wicklow Wolf is the username used by MM on another site.

Comment

Working...
                              X