Libya and Bahrain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Libya and Bahrain

Last edited by Guest; 05-07-2011, 03:13 PM.

Hi, whats your thoughts on it?

Comment

Originally posted by Red Biddy View Post
      Hi, whats your thoughts on it?
      Hi! Red.......... I had a friend (he died some years ago) ..... who spent a lot of time in Libya.......... he though that system was far more democratic than anything we have in the west ......he wrote a book about it... the people vote on everything the government proposes.......... and that's why Gaddafi has so much support from his own people. Libya is not a puppet state of the west ....... that's why they want the government brought down. Gaddafi does not run the country.. he is only a figure-head like the president of Ireland. There is nothing democratic about the regime in Bahrain .......... the Shia majority (80%) have no say in their country .......... they are kept in subjection by their Sunni overlords...... but the American's have military bases there and have been in cahoots with the rulers for years. The protesters in Bahrain will not get the same propaganda and lies on our TVs 24/7 that we have subjected to re; the protesters in Libya.
      Last edited by Guest; 17-03-2011, 01:01 PM.

Comment

It looks as if things have taken a change for the worse with the ConDems pressing for a no fly zone (I believe he is doing so to try to look good on the world stage whilst also believing it may take the peoples in the UK minds off the drastic cuts he presides over, including huge cuts to the military - (link from the BBC website) and I am not happy at the decision but disgusted at how Gadaffi and his murderous army are killing their own people. If he is such a good man why has he not stepped down gracefully and why is he killing hius own people?

The UN Security Council backs a resolution on Libya that supports a no-fly zone and "all necessary measures" to protect civilians short of an invasion.
        Last edited by Red Biddy; 18-03-2011, 01:13 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Red Biddy View Post
          It looks as if things have taken a change for the worse with the ConDems pressing for a no fly zone (I believe he is doing so to try to look good on the world stage whilst also believing it may take the peoples in the UK minds off the drastic cuts he presides over, including huge cuts to the military - (link from the BBC website) and I am not happy at the decision but disgusted at how Gadaffi and his murderous army are killing their own people. If he is such a good man why has he not stepped down gracefully and why is he killing hius own people?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12781009
          Red......... a bunch outlaws are trying to take over Libya......... they came with anti-aircraft guns to attack Tripoli ......... the people of Tripoli fought back and drove them away........... this upset their foreign backers and now they are going to bomb the people of Libya "to save them" ........Red ....... did you support the IRA against the British Government?

Comment

I see that after the UN passed a resolution that would have meant a no-fly zone as well as an attack on those attacking civilians, Libya has declared a cease-fire.
            'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

Originally posted by Riposte View Post
              Red......... a bunch outlaws are trying to take over Libya......... they came with anti-aircraft guns to attack Tripoli ......... the people of Tripoli fought back and drove them away........... this upset their foreign backers and now they are going to bomb the people of Libya "to save them" ........Red ....... did you support the IRA against the British Government?
              I am an Irish Nationalist and whilst I was against any killing in my name, of course I was against the British army's presence in Northern Ireland but let us not forget it was the Nationalist community (I believe) who wanted that presence there

But we veer away from the subject matter. The posturing of Gadaffi reported in the media - he would seek out and destroy people (nice) - hardly makes me believe he is whiter than white. A man who has almost absolute power for so long and is drunk on the power

Time for a change I believe

Comment

But no cease fire took place. Instead, France took the lead with the UK close behine and went in and all for the wrong reasons in my opinion - posturing. Of course Gaddafi is a tyrent, but as usual he wiull survive, probably hide in places where no one will find him just like Bin Laden and as usual civilians will pay a high price

It always happens - when a government has problems at home - and both France and the UK have massive problems at home they try to act 'hard' on the so called world stage

Tatcher did it in the Falklands and is guilty of killing 600 men sailing away from the area - politcs are muck

Comment

Originally posted by Riposte
                  .. The United Nations is an Evil Organision .
                  Would't like to think you include Irish UN Peacekeepers as part of an evil organisation.

Comment

No reflection on the soldiers in the front line Rashers ....... they just follow orders........ and this is the first time the UN has done this ....... Kosovo was not authorised by the UN...... it was NATO led.
                    And they are in Kosovo for an honourable purpose too.

Comment

Sorry I've come so late to this discussion ..... I always love to read the thoughts of those against the main stream because they are so often more correct than the accepted Western philosophies. This is the only way we can get a balanced view and I must say Riposte that I admire both your eloquence and the lack of blatant propaganda delivered in a nice calm manner. ...I might not agree with everything you say but I enjoy reading your views.

Comment

Rashers .... Soldiers do what Soldiers do ....... Kosovo is part of Serbia going back six hundreds of years ........ the Serbs holiest places are in Kosovo ..... just because the Serbs tolerated the immigration of Albanians ...... fleeing from Albania ......... Kosovo became over-populated by Albanians ........ and then they demanded a break-away state.... with the ultimate intention of joining up with Albania. The west opposed the Serbs because ...... they were backed by Russia. Germany and Britain supported the break-up of Yougoslavia ........ contrary to the United Nations Charter........... the rules only apply .........when it suits them. The USA can bomb anybody, anywhere, anytime ...... because there is nobody to stop them ......... morality or law has nothing to do with it ........ might is right.
                        I think at this point, until politics start to work as they should.... that the main point is no one is dying from 'enemy' fire.

Comment

Rashers ......... you can't have any bunch of people grab Kalashnikovs and take over a country......(and at the same time call themselves civilians)....those who led the attack on Tripoli were thugs, gangsters and terrorists.......... Libya was one of the most democratic countries in the world........ the people's councils voted on all aspects of government policy ....... everything you've read or seen about Libya on TV has been lies.
                          The French Revolution?

Our own revolution against what many believed to be a very democratic government?

If what we're hearing out of Libya is lies... why the swing against the ruliers?

Comment

Rashers ......... in any time of upheaval ....... ie the rebellions in Egypt and Tunisia .....(where they people were oppressed by Western-backed dictators) ........ opportunists will join the band-waggon and try to grab what they can .... nobody has any idea what kind of regime will come to power if Gaddafi is overthrown ......... as for the French and Irish revolutions ...... we know that people were repressed in those periods......... the worst aspect of what we are witnessing now is not the attack on Libya by the the west..... but the wholesale conspiracy of lies by the world's media......... the fact nobody anywhere has said "stop." The truth always comes out later ..... eg ........the lies we were told before the war in Iraq.
                            Nothing of the above can compare to Iraq. And I'm sure you know that the aircraft securing the area (Libya) are not only from the west.

Somebody did say 'stop' after ground attacks today.

You're not seriously suggesting that the Tunisia and Egyptian revolutions were carried out by opportunists ?

Comment

Rashers ......... you can't have any bunch of people grab Kalashnikovs and take over a country......(and at the same time call themselves civilians)....those who led the attack on Tripoli were thugs, gangsters and terrorists.......... Libya was one of the most democratic countries in the world........ the people's councils voted on all aspects of government policy ....... everything you've read or seen about Libya on TV has been lies.
                              Wha' ??!!!
                              Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Working...
                              X