Liam Whelan Bridge Cabra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liam Whelan Bridge Cabra

'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Thanks for puttin that up Rashers......Liam Whelan was a cousin of mine on me mams side...
    It is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Pammy View Post
      Thanks for puttin that up Rashers......Liam Whelan was a cousin of mine on me mams side...
      I was only a kid when I heard the news. I was in Sutton with my dad and some of his buddies and clearly remember some of them actually weeping at the news. I could sense more than understand the shock. Later my dad used to bring me to the grave where he'd lay a small wreath.

Comment

Originally posted by Rashers View Post
        I was only a kid when I heard the news. I was in Sutton with my dad and some of his buddies and clearly remember some of them actually weeping at the news. I could sense more than understand the shock. Later my dad used to bring me to the grave where he'd lay a small wreath.
        Yes his grave is just beside my granny and grandads grave...in Glasnevin..
        It is what it is.

Comment

His Headstone St Pauls Glasnevin
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Pammy View Post
            Yes his grave is just beside my granny and grandads grave...in Glasnevin..
            I'll be taking the tour soon with my sisters and brother. I'll PM you before we go (prob when the weather gets a bit warmer) and if you give me directions I'll be happy to lay a few flowers and say a prayer over your grandparents for you, Pam.

Comment

Which bridge is it - the one at the bottom of Fausagh Ave?

Comment

Thanks Rashers..
                It is what it is.

Comment

Hadn't seen that video Rashers. The MC was Aodhan Perry Chairman of the Cabra Community Council who funded the plaque and who do so many good things in our community.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Biddy View Post
                    Which bridge is it - the one at the bottom of Fausagh Ave?
                    Connacht St bridge Liz

Comment

Being a foreigner to Cabra, would I be right in thinking that my brother's old house on Carnlough Road backed onto the railway embankment there?

Comment

Being a foreigner to Cabra, would I be right in thinking that my brother's old house on Carnlough Road backed onto the railway embankment there?
                        do you mean where the video was taken, if so no jim

Comment

Originally posted by mai View Post
                          do you mean where the video was taken, if so no jim
                          Oh thanks Mai. They lived on Carnlough Rd (him, wife and kids) and I remember trains used to pass the bottom of their back garden. Thought they might be the same tracks in the video.

Comment

Jim, the trains at the back of Jo's and my house which comes from Heuston go under the bridge at Matt Whelans (Lloyds)pub and join up with the line from Connolly which goes up by cross Guns bridge at Liffey Junction. the line at Connact St is derelict.

Comment

Originally posted by Womblemum View Post
                              Jim, the trains at the back of Jo's and my house which comes from Heuston go under the bridge at Matt Whelans (Lloyds)pub and join up with the line from Connolly which goes up by cross Guns bridge at Liffey Junction. the line at Connact St is derelict.
                              Ah I know where I am now I think... near Dowth Ave.

Comment

Working...
                              X