H1N1 Vaccine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1N1 Vaccine

Theres a blitz happening today in this area to vaccinate everyone.....starting with those young children, people with compromised immune systems and health care workers...then tomorrow the general public...

My daughter is taking the kids to get their shots, and herself and her hubby will too..but i was sorta thinking of giving it a miss and taking my chances...cos i dont believe these vaccines are long enough in existence and well tried..but neither do i want to get this dangerous disgusting flu..

any opinions or advice?

Ten new cases of influenza A

The disease progresses in Algeria, still no vaccine!
    Ten new cases of influenza A
    These two men aged 40 and 45 years residing in Algiers and income respectively of Great Britain and France, a woman of 63 years residing in Algiers and returned from France and a young woman of 20 years residing in Oran and recently returned from France, according to a statement from the Ministry of Health made public yesterday. The six children who all reside in Beni Saf (wilaya of Ain Temouchent), were in direct contact with the case (aged 39) confirmed last week after his return from France.

Comment

One of my son's, an advanced paramedic, is telling me they are required to have the vaccine, but all (or most) are refusing it because of it's mercury content. Seems there was a small outbreak of swine flu some years ago and this vaccine caused more fatalities than the flu itself.

Might be an idea to have a chat with your doc or health care provider before making any decision.
      'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

Originally posted by Rashers View Post
        One of my son's, an advanced paramedic, is telling me they are required to have the vaccine, but all (or most) are refusing it because of it's mercury content. Seems there was a small outbreak of swine flu some years ago and this vaccine caused more fatalities than the flu itself.

Might be an idea to have a chat with your doc or health care provider before making any decision.
        Hi there

From what i hear people with underlying health conditions are getting vacccinated here first & people not at risk will eventually get the jab too! A friend of mine in the North got it on saturday & she's not been well since getting the jab but she hopes to recover soon!
        UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Suzieq View Post
          Hi there

From what i hear people with underlying health conditions are getting vacccinated here first & people not at risk will eventually get the jab too! A friend of mine in the North got it on saturday & she's not been well since getting the jab but she hopes to recover soon!
          My advice, based only on my son and his colleagues decision as well as a bit of reading up on the vaccine, is to find out as much as you can about it. Ask your doc does it really contain mercury... read the stories on the internet (but take a lot of that with a pinch of salt unless it's on a respected website).

After all of that would I get it? Well I'm one of those entitled to a first run vaccination... and if my doc told me it's okay (after asking her about the reported dangers) I'd allow her to go ahead because I trust her.

Comment

H1N1 Vaccine

I'm in the at risk category and had mine about two weeks ago, as far as I know I'm still alive and still have only one head ! I'll get me Missus to add something as she is the font of knowledge of all things medical in our family.

Here's her view :-
            The vaccine is similar to the common annual flu vaccine, with a similar side-effect profile: some people get mild short-term "flu-like" symptoms for a day or 2 after. The risk of death from the Swine Flu itself is about the same as the normal flu, but, here in Australia, the complication rate is 18-25% (vs less than 5% for normal flu). Complications are often affecting young, healthy adults - some of them are ending up on life-support.

In short, the risk of not having the vaccine is greater than the risk of having it!

Now ye have it, straight from the horse's mouth so to speak.

NB. Capt Patch has no responsibility for the thoughts or input from his first mate .... so there.

Comment

That explains it Capt Patch...hehehehee...but you know we love you.

Well today my daughter has decided to have the vaccine given to the kids. Willies decided to get it...and I phone my son whos in medicine Hat and told him to look for a clinic and get it too. Right now hes my biggest worry cos the biggest reported patch of the flu seems to be in Vancouver wheres hes headed later this week. BUT im still undecided about me...I think i'll follow your advice Rashers although i must say i dont totally trust my dr.....

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
                That explains it Capt Patch...hehehehee...but you know we love you.

Well today my daughter has decided to have the vaccine given to the kids. Willies decided to get it...and I phone my son whos in medicine Hat and told him to look for a clinic and get it too. Right now hes my biggest worry cos the biggest reported patch of the flu seems to be in Vancouver wheres hes headed later this week. BUT im still undecided about me...I think i'll follow your advice Rashers although i must say i dont totally trust my dr.....
                Go for it MKM!!
                UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Whatever you are personally happiest with is what you should do, H.

I suspect, though, if you have worried about other members of the family NOT having it, you must consider that it's a good thing, right?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Okay... had a chat with my esteemed doc this morning about this vaccine. Told her about all the scare stories I heard and about the ambulance personnel currently refusing the vaccine.

She told me the reason that people are refusing it is lack of public information from the HSE and disinformation from other departments and the internet.

Seems there was an outbreak in the 70s and three people died after receiving the vaccine.

Anyway, to make a long story short I'm getting the jab after all.

Comment

Thanks...guys...off now to get in frickin lineup...my dr isnt giving the shots till later in the month...but theres a lineup starting at a clinic close to here..so i'll decide on the lineup hehe...did you get the shot already Jim?

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
                        ..did you get the shot already Jim?
                        No, I got the ordinary flu jab about 3 weeks ago. Think she's giving me the swine jab in a few days.

Comment

Any one get the swine flu jab yet, if so did you have a reaction.
                          People who jump to conclusions rarely alight on them

Comment

sugar in about an hour i'll tell ya hehe..i left my daughter and grandkids on the line up for it...and ran home to pick up my cell phone...discovered though most of the staff at my grandsons school wont be getting it..they say they dont know enough about it.....sooooooooo ..anyways ive sorta decided to get it myself..

Comment

2 schools closed in Beni Saf (Ain Temouchent, algeria)

Schools and Al Farabi district Laredj Hasni Khaled Beni Beni Saf were closed Wednesday morning as a precaution on management decision education.
                              Four of their students were among six people who had been infected by the virus H1N1 return of France. Cared for, they left the hospital before yesterday.
                              Six of their classmates had been admitted for observation in hospital. The analysis nostril-pharyngitis have proved negative, they were released yesterday but the day before the release on the night four other students had joined. For the latter, the test results are not yet known. They will be available later in the day.
                              Is there strong evidence of new cases among the four hospitalized children who had precipitated the decision of the ED or is it because the closure request made by some parents who have finally been heard?

Comment

Working...
                              X