Gmail hacked!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gmail hacked!

Just a warning to anyone who has a Gmail account. My gmail account was hacked just a few minutes ago... all of my contacts have received a virus attachment.

Don't worry though, no one on this board was in my gmail contacts.

If you have gmail I recommend you go now and change your password.
    'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Originally posted by Rashers View Post
    Just a warning to anyone who has a Gmail account. My gmail account was hacked just a few minutes ago... all of my contacts have received a virus attachment.

Don't worry though, no one on this board was in my gmail contacts.

thanks for that jim...ive just started using gmail and havent quite got all my contacts over there .....darn that eh

Comment

neither mine or any of my friends who have gmail have had a problem Rashers.....would it have been something came in on one of your emails?

Comment

Originally posted by Womblemum View Post
        neither mine or any of my friends who have gmail have had a problem Rashers.....would it have been something came in on one of your emails?
        Nope, it's definitely from my gmail account which I haven't used in ages. It even sent the attachment to my usual address. It could be that just the one or two accounts were hacked because usually if such a big organisation is hit it gets in the news, and the last time they had a big hacker attack they sent out warnings to account holders to change their passwords.

Comment

I was going to get a gmail account. Should I give it a miss?

Comment

Originally posted by Red Biddy View Post
            I was going to get a gmail account. Should I give it a miss?
            No don't give it a miss. GMail is a very useful email resource and although my account was hacked once I highly recommend it.

Since my account was hacked there have been many security enhancements.

Comment

thanks Rashers

Comment

Originally posted by Red Biddy View Post
                thanks Rashers
                No problem Liz. My gmail was hacked nearly two years ago (see the date of my post about it) and since then I have not heard of anyone's gmail account being hacked. I'd say it was just an isolated incident in my case.

To be clear, I think Gmail is probably the best online mail service available.

Comment

No problem Liz. My gmail was hacked nearly two years ago (see the date of my post about it) and since then I have not heard of anyone's gmail account being hacked. I'd say it was just an isolated incident in my case.

To be clear, I think Gmail is probably the best online mail service available.
                  To avoid any confusion in the future, can you please delete this topic.

Since your unfortunate experience 2 years ago, gmail has proven itself one of, if not the most, secure free and freely available e-mail sites on the internet.

It sounds almost churlish nowadays to slag g-mail.

Comment

Originally posted by Mucker View Post
                    To avoid any confusion in the future, can you please delete this topic.

Since your unfortunate experience 2 years ago, gmail has proven itself one of, if not the most, secure free and freely available e-mail sites on the internet.

It sounds almost churlish nowadays to slag g-mail.
                    Who is slagging Gmail? Please show the post you refer to. Thank you.

Comment

OK.

You never slagged gmail.

Comment

Originally posted by Mucker View Post
                        OK.

You never slagged gmail.
                        Thats advice that everyone should take on board or all mail clients, particularly web based mail.

I send that piece of advice on the day my gmail was hacked.

As soon as I realised it was an isolated incident I made that known... and have sang gmail's praises ever since.

Comment

Using gmail at the moment but am being careful. But having taught email many moons agp am aware that emails can be hacked

Its up to the user to be aware that they should never reply to anyone they dont know etc

I dont even use facebook

Comment

Working...
                          X